Chairman status demise

My chairmans status has dropped from 'Enjoying life at the club' to 'Happy to stay'. Do they usually drop to wanting to sell eventually & if so, do pretty much all take-over chairmans want to bring their own manager in, even if you've done well? I'm in my 5th season with Nuneaton, have taken them to the 2nd division & finances are great. Thanks

The new chairman doesn't necessarily want to bring a new manager in. It is usually the case if it is a tycoon and sometimes a consortium. If it is an internal takeover or a fans takeover, it's highly unlikely you'd get replaced, especially if you're doing well.

In my experience, if a chairman is happy to stay then it is only a matter of time until he will decide he wants to sell. It is often within a season that the club is basically up for sale. Getting a new chairman/board can take quite a while if takeover's keep collapsing and there is no real time scale of how long it will take before a deal is done.

You can get sacked regardless of the circumstances but if it is a lower end takeover (e.g fans trust) or you are doing well then there is last chance of you being removed as manager.

Every offseason is the same for me, I have my transfers lined up before July 1st, and then spend the rest loaning players out, or possibly bringing in a talented youth that was not scouted prior to July 1st. I say no to all transfer enquiries, as my team is usually composed of talented youngsters and other teams know that too, and think my club is some kind of supermarket, I suppose.

This past offseason I didn't holiday once, but I did use the Continue Game timeout. So what happens? My chairman sells my promising Brazilian targetman to Chelsea for 25m! F***ing *******! No, he did not consult with me. No, he didn't care that I had big plans for the kid, or that he has different characteristics to the other 5 or 6 strikers (pace men) on the team. He just thought, oh a role player valued at $8m-9m, and they offered $25m? I'll take it!

So I am right furious with him. No option to request the board not do that again, no option to ultimatum the ******* "You sell him, and I go". We just won the Champions League, and this is how I am repaid. Then, to make matters even 'better' early August bids come in for my young left-footed playmaker. I have had him on loan for 4 years or so, as there was no space in the squad for him till this season, but he has done well, and I was looking forward to integrating him into the first team. Fat chance! Man U somehow magically offer exactly the amount that makes the Chairman unable to say no, not a penny more, mind you, and off he goes to Manchester!

Two talented u23 players for 40 -45m dollars (25m-30m pounds?), yeah, they could be replaced possibly, but both had been with the club for years and were just coming to the point in their careers where they could contribute to the first team. Opening day of the season the press ask me about it, and I frankly told them the club can't go on like this, they ask me about my relationship with the Chairman, and I told them the truth, we aren't even on speaking terms! I was never consulted regarding those sales! The point of the story: I should have atleast been able to have a chat with the Chairman, or issue an ultimatum TO HIM.

At least the fans know how I felt about those transfers :D

Archived