Am I sad?............

I had a busy day at work today. High level meetings x2, one with the Chairman of the Board of Directors, yet all I have been able to think of since waking up this morning is how my Stockport County side have won the League Cup, are in the FA Cup Final, and the Europa league Cup Final and are 5 points behind Man City with them having 2 remaining games left and me 4!! I have 3 games in 5 days to finish the season and 3 in the next 10 days (game time). I have been going through the various rotation options constantly. Am I losing the plot?????

Personally I think you are a very dpressed young man, and thinking something that is not real, such a comoputer game, is helping you forget your problems and the issues of the day.

Did you just call him depressed? I think that is VERY very harsh. If thats not what you meant, then I will retract my statement.

Yes your sad and losing the plot, but aint we all :D of course i'm messing about the beginning bit, but i think most avid FM players have had days like yours, i've been a gamer for many years and FM is the only game that has a genuine hold on me, not obsessive mind you.

My point is, we've all had days of FM thoughts, whether it be in the office, factory floor or the toilet, i mean some go as far as wearing a suit on cup final days, so your not sad, just FM mad :D

The company is lucky to have you....I mean there you are multi tasking without them even asking you too ;)

Madhatter, you need to make a choice. "You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes"

I know the feeling, when I'm out and about, in the bath or whatever often I'll be thinking a lot about the current FM season and what I can potentially look forward to achieving, though it there are plenty of things that I might be focusing on when I need to so it's not quite on the OP's level. The good thing about FM is that even if you think you're obsessed youll be in good company.

I have to be honest,When I was 23ish and playing CM97/98 I had a really boring job which basically involved walking up and down this line checking machines,I would start at 6pm and finish at 6am...sometimes it was CM97/98 that got me through the shift.

Just thinking what position I could make better or if I should sell a certain player or indeed how my team should line up for the final the next day :)

It made time go by that bit more quickly.

I dont think it's a doubt that FM or the old SI CM's are trying to give you that sense of progression, or achievement that you might crave, your job, life, might get boring, but knowing you can adventure in a normally alien field can push you on. It is a substitute, or perhaps a complement if you just.. love achieving in all things, but it's fun, it's a harmless hobby, you're not doing drugs or ruining yourself with it - provided you dont ge too addicted of course.

Archived