"Feels he will only consider a call-up from XY atm"

So I'm managing Surinam in FM11; the idea was to snap up the next Kluivert, Seedorf et al. for their country of origin before Oranje could.

Now there are a lot of Dutch/Surinam players in the game who are clearly not good enough to play for Holland. Thing is that all the players aged about 20 will reject my call-ups and have "Feels he will only consider a call-up from Holland atm" in their international status, allthough they don't have the slightest chance. Until now I only convinced >26 players of joining the national team.

So my question: When do players start consider a call up from their second nationality? Is it a pre-defined age? Start of season/Calendar year? Is it totally random? Any advice is appreciated.

Btw: They are not "declared for Holland"

It's best for you to just wait and keep getting good results I'm afraid. As manager of Canada it's always a challenge to get players to suit up for the Canadian team and have to keep waiting till the ass man tells me to watch games and I look for new names every week to add to the player pool.

Sounds realistic... Hargreaves, Jonathan De Guzman, Begovic, I am sure I am missing a few, but those are the more high profile snubs of the last couple years. Canada could actually be a top 50 team in the world if these kids actually identified with Canadian football. But sadly, they don't. Can't say I blame them, though, because they probably don't feel Canada or the FA here has contributed much to their development.

It's best for you to just wait and keep getting good results I'm afraid. As manager of Canada it's always a challenge to get players to suit up for the Canadian team and have to keep waiting till the ass man tells me to watch games and I look for new names every week to add to the player pool.

So it is as I expected. Better so, I was thinking it maybe had something to do with the player pool, as 2 GKs started accepting my call-ups directly after I was down to 2 goalies that wanted to play for me.

Okay, I just won the Carribean Championship (against Jamaica who kicked me out of the WC Qualifiers just weeks before), so that might help. I'm now three years in the game and I just keep hovering above 100th (up from 126th in 06/2010). I guess competitive games are too little and too far in between to take that next step.

Thanks for replying.

I have a similar problem, maybe in reverse though:

I had a duel Japanese/English midfielder come through my academy. He was called up to the England U-19s not long after, and then said he would only consider a call-up from England. I've since taken over as England manager, and despite him being relatively good, I will never call him up as I want him to play for Japan.

Will he ever accept a Japanese call-up? I want their national team to improve.

Archived