Cup "shocks"

I won the League Cup with League One Huddesfield. Beat the likes of Arsenal, Bolton, Bristol City and West Ham. The latter two were Premier League clubs at the time.

Also as my local side AFC Rushden and Diamonds in the UCL Divsion One beat three league clubs in the FA Cup (Hereford, Bury and Rochdale).

A guy called Darren Smith from FMS, got the FA Cup final with his team whilst in league 1. Unfortunately he lost it against Arsenal but that was a huge cup shock

This was done with a downloaded database which I'm sure had a bug resulting in loads of high PA regens from levels 7-9 coming through. He bought loads of these and had a decent premier league team when in league 1. You only have to look at his results: He won every league with at least 110 points in successive seasons. So it wasnt a great achievement imo

This was done with a downloaded database which I'm sure had a bug resulting in loads of high PA regens from levels 7-9 coming through. He bought loads of these and had a decent premier league team when in league 1. You only have to look at his results: He won every league with at least 110 points in successive seasons. So it wasnt a great achievement imo
This is a fair point, I agree that the possibility of a bug has somewhat dampened his achievement as I also did think the margins he was winning were very skewed. Especially as I believe that the game is only made as far as BSN/BSS for a reason and if there were lower leagues you'd need to go up to a higher attribute level to get the right differentiation between players. So as soon as you get youthful players in the league he was in, they'll build up as you go through. If you start with BSN/BSS players then they'll be league 1 players by the time you get to BSN/BSS :/

Prev season I had Oxford winning the FA-cup on my save. Fair enough, in the games first 17 seasons they had transformed from a below-average-L2-club to a below-average-Championship-club, finishing 21st, 15th, 16th & 16th their 4 seasons in npC, but there was in no ways an easy draw they got on their way to the trophy.

They met 2 npC clubs (Doncaster & Colchester) and 4 PL clubs (Man City, Nottm Forest, M'borough & Cardiff), and only in the 4th round vs Doncaster did they manage to win after 90 mins... 3 went to replay, 2 of those all the way to penalties, and the last 2 were decided in ExT

oxfordunitedoxfordfixtu.png

Oh, and in the following season, after spending twice the amount they had spent on all 17 prev seasons on transfers, they managed to get promoted to PL via the play-offs.

Prev season I had Oxford winning the FA-cup on my save. Fair enough, in the games first 17 seasons they had transformed from a below-average-L2-club to a below-average-Championship-club, finishing 21st, 15th, 16th & 16th their 4 seasons in npC, but there was in no ways an easy draw they got on their way to the trophy.

They met 2 npC clubs (Doncaster & Colchester) and 4 PL clubs (Man City, Nottm Forest, M'borough & Cardiff), and only in the 4th round vs Doncaster did they manage to win after 90 mins... 3 went to replay, 2 of those all the way to penalties, and the last 2 were decided in ExT

oxfordunitedoxfordfixtu.png

Oh, and in the following season, after spending twice the amount they had spent on all 17 prev seasons on transfers, they managed to get promoted to PL via the play-offs.

That's brilliant, replays, penalties and extra time wins, in real life that would have been one hell of a cup run/win.

Archived