Not enough memory to load save...

As title of the the thread states, I can't load my save because I have not got enough memory apparently.

My specs are whack (768 RAM) however I have been able to play the game (FM2011) no problem. I have actually had longer saves with the same leagues loaded and not had this problem. I have spent the last four hours trying to figure out how to get my system to load it but its not playing ball.

Have a long term save with Boreham Wood going and I am finally starting to making a move out of the Championship. I want to continue with the game so I have accepted that I will prob have to improve my computer - Can anyone suggest what I need to do? (Don't want to buy a new computer until fm2013 comes out, so I am looking to up the current one's specs).

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

P.S. If anyone wants to know I am running all the leagues in England with a large DB.

You cannot run a large database with on 768MB of RAM. Even if it starts, it will crash as soon as the save grows with time played. You might be able to run with the small database and the English leagues. Make sure also that there are no other applications running at start up and nothing else running while FM is on.

I'm only asking because I have managed to get to 10+ seasons on a previous save with exactly the same game settings etc. This one struggles and I thought it might have been something I downloaded. As I said, I intend to get a new PC for the next version - But to make my current one last a little longer, how much would you recommend I get to prevent me from having to deal with this again?

Thanks very much for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Why not just get the new computer now, sure that FM 13 isnt out for 5months(ish), but any computer you buy now will play 13,14,15 and so on....well I would expect it to. I have just bought a computer and I expect to get to atleast 3 or 4 years without having to think about upgrades to it.

yeah.. as harsh as this sounds but bite the bullet and buy a new pc or laptop..... doesnt have to be an expensive one but i'm sure you'd get an easily decent enough pc or laptop for around £300 or $400 depending where you are.

Cheers for all the advice guys.

Thing is I literally do not have the money for a brand new PC and don't know at what point I will be able to afford one. I think I could scrape together the funds to boost the RAM (and perhaps the motherboard if need be). I've already asked, RAM alone will cost like £30 apparently - So if all goes well I could be back on manager by Monday!

Thanks again!

Archived