Youth recruitment network - what affects it?

I am still struggling to understand what really affects the youth recruitment network, is it just the club reputation?

Most of the clubs from my league have better youth recruitment networks than my club which is only at "Fairly basic youth recruitment". I can't seem to ask the board to expand it although I have loads of money and pretty good results.

I am playing FM 2011 and this is the current situation somewhere in 2022:

10 consecutive titles

6 cup wins

19th league in the world by ranking

33rd on the richest clubs ranking

58.02 coefficient in European competitions

Widespread scouting knowledge that is exceptional in some areas

Top training facilities

State of the art youth facilities + youth academy

I have been playing regularly in the Champions League for the past 6 or 7 seasons, always finishing 3rd and going through at least one or two additional rounds in the Europa League. Last season I had finished 2nd in my group and was knocked out in the first additional round by a narrow result.

This is my coaching staff:

1 Assistant Manager (15 on Youth)

6 First Team Coaches (low on Youth)

5 Coaches (Youth 13-18)

2 GK Coaches (Youth 11 and 20)

2 Fitness Coaches (Youth 13 and 15)

I have a fantastic U19 squad filled with foreign players that I have bought that has won the U19 league 10 seasons in a row.

Is it just the reputation affecting this or I need to hire youth coaches? Does it make any difference? It is really frustrating to see other clubs producing decent players in the same leagues and foreign clubs without any success even better.

I am not saying that I should have one of the best academies around but at least the best in my country and area.

I am still struggling to understand what really affects the youth recruitment network, is it just the club reputation?

Most of the clubs from my league have better youth recruitment networks than my club which is only at "Fairly basic youth recruitment". I can't seem to ask the board to expand it although I have loads of money and pretty good results.

I am playing FM 2011 and this is the current situation somewhere in 2022:

10 consecutive titles

6 cup wins

19th league in the world by ranking

33rd on the richest clubs ranking

58.02 coefficient in European competitions

Widespread scouting knowledge that is exceptional in some areas

Top training facilities

State of the art youth facilities + youth academy

I have been playing regularly in the Champions League for the past 6 or 7 seasons, always finishing 3rd and going through at least one or two additional rounds in the Europa League. Last season I had finished 2nd in my group and was knocked out in the first additional round by a narrow result.

This is my coaching staff:

1 Assistant Manager (15 on Youth)

6 First Team Coaches (low on Youth)

5 Coaches (Youth 13-18)

2 GK Coaches (Youth 11 and 20)

2 Fitness Coaches (Youth 13 and 15)

I have a fantastic U19 squad filled with foreign players that I have bought that has won the U19 league 10 seasons in a row.

Is it just the reputation affecting this or I need to hire youth coaches? Does it make any difference? It is really frustrating to see other clubs producing decent players in the same leagues and foreign clubs without any success even better.

I am not saying that I should have one of the best academies around but at least the best in my country and area.

None (or very little) of what you've listed is relevent. You need scouts and feeder clubs in order to develop a decent youth recruitment network.

I have 9 scouts that all have around 18 on average for judging ability and potential as well as 5 feeder clubs.

Do I have to get more feeder clubs with higher youth recruitment networks and that's it?

I upgraded my youth network every year (it topped out a couple years ago although to my disappointment haven't really made that big a difference in terms of the quality of youth coming in, so I guess it's still luck of the draw on regen spawn day :p) so I guess it all depends on whether or not your board will approve your request... ?

If you go into the Board room and "Networking" there is a choice for Spend more on Youth Recruitment Network...

Unfortunately, Networking -> Youth Recruitment Network has been ALWAYS greyed out so I can't request it.

I didn't know about that, thanks! :)

"The club already have the best youth recruitment network possible for a club of our current standing."

Well, I don't agree. Is this a low level of ambition of the chairman or something or I just have to wait to increase the reputation of the club (which is still excellent compared to the current level of youth recruitment)?

I am having the same problem even though I am playing Dortmund. There were only options to decrease Junior Coaching and Youth Network despite both being one level below the highest rating (excellent and well established). After winning the league twice and the Champions League once I was allowed to increase my Junior Coaching but it stayed in the excellent band rather then increasing to exceptional, but I was still not allowed to increase the Youth Network.

I don't have many feeder clubs as the board can never find one, and I have 18 scouts covering the whole of Europe, North America, and South America. I did have some scouts in Africa but I got tired of paying them to scout the same two or three players for years on end.

What club are you? Some teams have a hard cap on max reputation which may prevent them from ever expanding their recruitment network above a certain level.

I am playing with the custom database update that introduces the Bosnian league. Where can I check the possible hard cap?

• 4 weeks later...

Your main problem is that on FM11, youth recruitment was a lot harder to improve unless you were on a top league, as everything in the game, it comes down to reputation.

There's not much you can do i'm afraid, om FM12 it's a lot easier to improve the youth recruitment even on leagues with less reputation.

I didn't see any youth coaches listed in your coaches list. I was allowed one youth coach in my lower league Swedish team, signed one with 20 for youth, and it improved my incoming batch of kids dramatically. Admittedly it could be coincidence, but it might help.

Archived