Laptop to play FM

Looking to get a new laptop and want to be able to play FM on it. I know FM 2013 will be out later in the year but hopefully the spec are not to different

I normally only play with 1 or 2 leagues and only watch text commentary for matches so doesn't have to be anything to flash.

Any recommendations? (cheaper the better)

with that budget you can get a laptop that can play as many leagues as you want almost...

for instance...

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-thinkpad-edge-e530-i7-ivy-bridge-laptop-521-99-1231251

which has a high end processor for low end prices frankly...

also.. a little less extreme ..

http://search.laptopsdirect.co.uk/laptops_between_400_and_500_pounds/page.asp

that page will list all laptops in your budget range....

basically. i'd be looking at :

i5 processor

minimum 4gb ram

dedicated graphics card

and you cant really go wrong mate..

ive basically got the above on one of my laptops and it runs 15 leagues with 250,000 players easily :)

hope this helps

agreed with Welshace ..

you could easily get Core i5, and 4GB RAM, with dedicated Graphic card, but i recommend you to avoid the cheapest option, the is no quality with cheap laptops.

but be aware that 'Optimus' Nividia cards, means that it's INTEL at first place, it would only switch to Nividia automaticly.. used this type of processor little time, it could good choice for those people who are looking for longer battery life,but not really sure about the good of it compared to typical graphic cards. But still prefere it to INTEL HD ( which appeared in the first link by welshace )

the best one from those link, i think Acer , and MAY be you could find better if let me know where you are, and which screen size you want ( for mobility reasons ) .

wish you luck mate

agreed with Welshace ..

you could easily get Core i5, and 4GB RAM, with dedicated Graphic card, but i recommend you to avoid the cheapest option, the is no quality with cheap laptops.

but be aware that 'Optimus' Nividia cards, means that it's INTEL at first place, it would only switch to Nividia automaticly.. used this type of processor little time, it could good choice for those people who are looking for longer battery life,but not really sure about the good of it compared to typical graphic cards. But still prefere it to INTEL HD ( which appeared in the first link by welshace )

the best one from those link, i think Acer , and MAY be you could find better if let me know where you are, and which screen size you want ( for mobility reasons ) .

wish you luck mate

Just thought I'd add on my experience of the dual graphics option (i.e. INTEL HD and Nvidia) at first, I regretted it hugely, FM would run on INTEL Graphics (even if i set the preference to Nvidia) then when the 3D match engine was loading prior to kick off, my laptop would return to the desktop andI'd get an error saying the Nvidia card had stopped working. It was 50-50 as to whether I would lose the game or not!

I have updated to the latest drivers and the last two updates have fixed this issue and the switch from Intel to Nvidia is not noticeable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this option now.

Just thought I'd add on my experience of the dual graphics option (i.e. INTEL HD and Nvidia) at first, I regretted it hugely, FM would run on INTEL Graphics (even if i set the preference to Nvidia) then when the 3D match engine was loading prior to kick off, my laptop would return to the desktop andI'd get an error saying the Nvidia card had stopped working. It was 50-50 as to whether I would lose the game or not!

I have updated to the latest drivers and the last two updates have fixed this issue and the switch from Intel to Nvidia is not noticeable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this option now.

yes, i really ignore to buy any laptop with this graphic card after one experiece, but since one or two people here suggested here INTEL could work for FM and this game not about good graphic card ( which i disagree ) .. i recommend Optimus Nividia card rather than Intel, specially for people who are looking for a bit cheap lap-top.

I also recommend Jipsaw not to look at AMD processors, i don't think they are that good.

Ok cheers

have found this one which is Intel

http://www.ebuyer.com/341782-toshiba-satellite-pro-c660-2je-laptop-psc1me-02200ken

I won't be using the 3 D match anyway

how many leagues you want to run mate?

and if FM13 3D matches improved, would you consider playing it or not ?

these questions should be so key for you choice

Normally I just run premier league, but if it can handle it might go down to conference.

I probably won't watch 3d matches, I know is a good feature but have always used the text commentrey and don't like change lol

in that case, you can easily pick your choice, may be the first one which you suggested could be the best one in that range of money.

Archived