Selling players

Hi

I am very new to this game but loving it :) There is one thing that bothers me and that is i can not seem to sell a single player even if i put him up for £0. Is that because my players are truly rubbish. I am playing as Norwich City.

Thankyou for your time :)

Do you transfer list them, or do you offer them to clubs? I get far more activity/interest when I make a formal offer at a reasonable price. The only players that don't sell are the ones that are new to my team (a game restriction that I like) or the ones that are injured. It also helps to play that player a few games before you sell him. If he has not played all year, other teams are much less likely to want him.

There is widespread belief that it's rather hard to shift players from anywhere but the top sides. I somewhat agree. I've played multiple long-term saves and LLM saves over FM11 and FM12 and can count the amount of clubs interested in my players on one hand. I am getting more interest in my current United save, obviously. I think, like Overmars says, that it definitely helps to play them. If you're desperate to sell someone, play him in unimportant cup matches or against lesser teams. Also, transfer list them as it'll increase interest.

I agree .. one of my pet hates with this version of FM is its seems increasingly harder to sell on players.... Yes some players will not go to other teams due to wages and their own opinion of themselves compared to lower league teams but you should still get intrest and options.... i've sat on players for seasons only to have to wait till their contract runs out to give them away... its funny how they easily find teams after that... even when I offer them for £0 like you said seasons earlier.

Archived