Fix star ratings for FM13.

They're kind of daft in that they're relative to the calibre of your club, so all you ever see is mid silvers and golds.

It makes it hard to build for the future if your scout reports are saying this kid is going to be a 4 star player when you sign him at 16 and when he's 19 you've got promoted or something and raised the standard of the club he's now a two star scrub.

You have bronze, so use it properly.

Having bronze, silver and gold gives you 30 ratings. 200/30 is 6.6 points per star. That's perfectly accurate for appraisal. Add in some fuzzy logic for the quality of your scout and boom. Stars make sense now in the long and short term.

If that's too accurate then just get rid of half-stars, or just add in more fuzziness to replicate life being life.

You're welcome.

Also, could we have youth players be star rated for their current rating if they're not in the U18 side?

Incredibly annoying in my AFC Wimbledon save when I sorted by stars, only to get a 5 silver starred youth be listed top because he 'might become good'.

I think an overhaul is needed as well, but I don't think making star ratings absolute is a good thing. What I would like to see (or decide!) is what sort of standard they are relative to. Sort of like how it says in the coach report "would be a decent player for..". A dropdown menu where you could select the different leagues you have loaded to see the standard of your players relative to that league would be sweet.

Or why dont SI go the whole hog and just tell us the exact CA and PA of players! Oh, wait. It's because this is a game and there is supposed to be an element of a challenge.

Or why dont SI go the whole hog and just tell us the exact CA and PA of players! Oh, wait. It's because this is a game and there is supposed to be an element of a challenge.

The challenge will come with inaccuracy of reports, just like it does today. You could make the scale a 200 point scale and the challenge would still be there because the coaches and assistants were inaccurate.

Archived