Committing a grave sin

:(:(:(

I have brought FIFA manager 2012 2 week ago and was into a good Ajax save for 5 seasons

then last week i went back to Football Manager 2012(which i got since it was released on the first day) and continued on my long term Farnborough save

and what happens?

am still playing Football Manager...

Please forgive my sins

Is that game any good? I was downloading the demo then I looked up Youtube for some match examples... it looked to me the game very much looked like arcade version of FIFA in that the spacings between players seems very... weird... the players, every single one of them move at EXACTLY the same time, when the ball turned over, the defending side start moving back at exactly the same time making me feel like I'm watching 20 robots running around... like every single players on the field knows exactly what's the other players going to do... gave me the hibbie jibbies... stop watching the video and cancelled the demo download right then >.< ... or is it actually good and worth trying? :p

Is that game any good? I was downloading the demo then I looked up Youtube for some match examples... it looked to me the game very much looked like arcade version of FIFA in that the spacings between players seems very... weird... the players, every single one of them move at EXACTLY the same time, when the ball turned over, the defending side start moving back at exactly the same time making me feel like I'm watching 20 robots running around... like every single players on the field knows exactly what's the other players going to do... gave me the hibbie jibbies... stop watching the video and cancelled the demo download right then >.< ... or is it actually good and worth trying? :p

Arcade football is exactly what it is. A throwback to ME logic that a lot of us saw in the early 1990's games like Kick Off - Player Manager, and Goal etc with what you just described as the little to non-existent individual player movement. On the whole they all react as one.

Its quick and easy to get into and can be fun, but only in the short term (imho).

Brilliant graphics. No substance.

- ex TCM 04, Fifa Man 07, 08, 10, player.

Some aspects of Fifa Manager 12 are good and others are very poor. The 3d match engine is the same one used since Fifa Manager 07! Fans have been wanting a match engine upgrade since Fifa Manager 08 but the developers won't do it and many bugs are still the same since I beta tested the Fifa Manager 10 version.

In honesty if Bright Future (the developers) don't do something I'm sure EA might cancel it. The game is getting worse and not better.

I bought it but mainly to be able to mod the 3d match. Still only played 2 games. I'm back to playing Football Manager 2011.

Yeah as CesUtd says, the game has been in decline for years now. The match engine seems to get progressivley worse.

If you want to give it a try though I recommend Fifa Manager 08 with a playermade 3d config file, as in my mind that was the best of the whole series.

Archived