FM...Pure and Simple.

Is anyone else like me? They do not have any facepacks....logos...team shirts...skins..fm scouts etc....and they just play FM in its purest form.

I have never really been a big fan of all that stuff.

Anyone else agree, or disagree? Im interested to hear peoples thoughts.....

Is anyone else like me? They do not have any facepacks....logos...team shirts...skins..fm scouts etc....and they just play FM in its purest form.

Anyone else agree, or disagree? Im interested to hear peoples thoughts.....

For the previous versions, I downloaded loads of facepacks, kits, graphics for every league.... but doing it every time got pretty tedious and time consuming, so I find myself playing FM08 plain... and I have to say it hasn't dulled the experience at all. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

I just buy it and play it. None of this skins nonsense.

I downloaded the new patch but I don't play on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should add that I only downloaded it because I wanted to see how good Newcastle's new youngsters were

disagree. I usually start off playing it how it is, and then after a while when it starts go te a bit boring i download a ton of facepacks, logos, kts, skins, basically everything i can think of, put it all in the game and it really refreshes it and makes it look and feel a ton of a lot better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andoz2000:

interesting....what skin have you fallen in love with? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually called Untitled icon_razz.gif

But just this evening I found another one that looked fantastic! I think it's calle asesone or something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andoz2000:

interesting....what skin have you fallen in love with? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually called Untitled icon_razz.gif

But just this evening I found another one that looked fantastic! I think it's calle asesone or something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I meant that it's called asesone icon_biggrin.gif

With FM06 I got the Aurora skin, logo's, creased kits, balls, dugouts and probably some things I forget.

With FM07 I used the same creased kits and balls. And a skin, of course, though I don't know the name of it. And I removed the already existing logo's.

Now with FM08 I only got the balls. I even removed the logo's and kits from the game so everything is on "default".And I got me a skin. Yet again I don't know the game, it's a dark one. Though I like the default skin generally, it's too bright for me. I like my FM dark.

As you see, I'm using less with every game. With FM09, I probably stay on the same setup as with FM08. Except the skin, probably.

I play just the game and download the patches when they come out. I enjoy fm for what it is, Im just to lazy to download skins and such. I prefer to spend my time playing the game :p

Skins no. The default is fine...in fact I think it looks smart and polished.

Extra graphics yes. I like to know what my players look like. I like the correct badges and kits. I like a nice pic of my stadium in the background...it makes me feel at home.

As much as the game is great and SI have done a fabulous job, I think the game needs the extras to polish it and make it more memorable each time you stick the CD in.

Lastly the people who make these facepacks, skins and kits we so lovingly download deserve their work to be downloaded. So...

...download a facepack today and keep a photoshopper happy!

I've no idea what facepacks are and whilst I hated the default FM08 skin at first I hated the ones I downloaded even more so now I'm used to the standard one. I'm quite happy with the team shirts and logos that are included in the game though so don't bother with them either.

As for FM Scout...my club has scouts so I take the novel approach of using them instead of FM Scout.

Due to being a bit naff when it comes to loading all the graphics and stuff on to fm, i normally stick with FM in its pure form, however ive taken a shine to the Steklo skin which imo is brilliant! but totally agree you dont need all the add ons to make it enjoyable!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sad Git:

I've got a big blocky retro font skin, and I've got "sensi-soccer" style 2d players. And I've changed the name of my team to "Anco Utd", why don't I just play "Player Manager" instead and have done with it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm currently playing Sensi 96/97. You can't go wrong with that one. icon_biggrin.gif

I like to have the correct badges for the team, but i don't feel that it is necessary to download them to improve my enjoyment. As for the facepacks, unless we're talking about actual photos, I find it pointless. I hate the regen pictures, they look like Crimewatch E-fits

I always seem to have the intention of downloading a new skin, or this time round club badges and stuff, but never actually get round to it. I did make the effort to download a pack that fixed all the team/competition names, German national team etc.

i never used to bother cos i didnt understand how to get it all to work, but i have kits, balls, badges, stadium pictures from about 18 different nations (all leagues in those nations plus national stadiums) facepacks, i edited the competition names myself.

www.sortitoutsi.net is the best place by far to get new stuff from

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is anyone else like me? They do not have any facepacks....logos...team shirts...skins..fm scouts etc....and they just play FM in its purest form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't download facepacks and the like well not anymore. I downloaded a superpack for the previous game and couldn't believe how slow it made everything. So the only thing I download now is a patch if and when available.

I forgot to edit the names of the competitions, annoyingly!

Ive got a skin (Steklo, immense skin! SI should use it for 09 IMO!), English and some other logos, English kits, but no facepacks.

I find them anoying, theres loads of pictures which are just headshots(which are already in the game), but many facepacks are a load of full body pictures. Sometimes weird shapes, and with borders and names too.

Now if we were thinking of putting in womens teams i might think about getting a facepack for that. Full body of course. And during goal celebrations. icon_wink.gif Not being serious BTW!

BTW, if anyone could link me to a facepack which IS just headshots, no borders, no names, that would be great thanks!!!!

Anyone else agree, or disagree? Im interested to hear peoples thoughts..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was like you. I never felt the need to add anything on. But I did with 08. Have tried different skins, and installed MiniScout, CM Rev Matchballs, and 2D player icons. Oh, and most importantly, Furney's sound-pack.

I think FM is in desperate need of catching up with what individuals are managing to come up with to make the game more attractive and enjoyable. Particularly when it comes to skins and sound.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Now if we were thinking of putting in womens teams i might think about getting a facepack for that. Full body of course. And during goal celebrations. icon_wink.gif Not being serious BTW!

If you were being serious, on another thread I showed how you can replace player pix with full-body photos of glamour girls or anything else you fancy!

BTW, if anyone could link me to a facepack which IS just headshots, no borders, no names, that would be great thanks!!!!

There are some great ones around - check sortitoutsi.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW, if anyone could link me to a facepack which IS just headshots, no borders, no names, that would be great thanks!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact here's an example from a thread right here:

[url http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/liam_everton89/Silva.jpg?t=1207143945 posted by liam_everton89 [/url]

Archived