Pick a DM for me!

Which DM should I buy?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which DM should I buy?

• Lionel Blanchard
    • Saku Saarela
    • Leanardo Ortiz
    • Jiri Danek

Just a quick fun poll to help me pick the best DM from this group. I have been tracking them for a long time and I finally have a good opportunity to buy one of them. It will cost me roughly the same amount to buy any of them, at 8 million pounds and $40k/week.

Lionel Blanchard: 24 y/o French Midfielder currently with Sociedad

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/ScreenShot001-3.jpg

Saku Saarela: 26 y/o Finnish Midfielder currently with Parma

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/ScreenShot002-1.jpg

Leonardo Ortiz: 25 y/o Argentinian Midfielder currently at Inter

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/ScreenShot003-2.jpg

Jiri Danek: 27 y/o Czech Midfielder currently at Everton

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/ScreenShot004-2.jpg

saarela

marking/tackling/***positioning*** is most important for a DM

ortiz looks better at first glance, but his stats are inflated by his FK and PK. unless you need a set piece taker, don't choose ortiz or blanchard. blanchard is probably the best OVERALL player

but saarela is the best DM

I pick Pikachu!!! Failing that I'd pick Blanchard... Ortiz is probably the best combination of defensive/offensive DM of the bunch but I don't like his physical attributes as he is too slow to cover a lot of ground... one on one though he'll probably contain whoever he's marking. Blanchard physically a beast, very few players can get past him and he can cover a lot of ground defensively... unfortunately his anticipation on a low side so he's going to miss a few interception (although his speed might make up for it) concentration/marking and tackling also in a low side for a top DM BUT as I don't usually rely on DM to be my last line of defense, merely as harassers I think his defensive stats is good enough and I believe his physical attribute can make up for it (if he misses a tackle he can run back fast enough to catch up to his marked man). His high technique/passing and decent creativity means he is versatile and can be called upon to play an attacking role when needed... so yeah I'd go with Blanchard personally

I'd get scout reports to look at personalities and hidden attributes, but assuming they're equal on those:

Blanchard looks the best overall. Great physical stats and high determination. Also the youngest. Weak positioning and concentration though for a DMC.

Saarela is one footed with very poor aggression and poor jumping.

Ortiz is slow compared to the rest. This shouldn't matter much for a DMC with great technical skills, but I find in FM all outfielders need pace.

Danek is the oldest and although good, just doesn't look as good as Blanchard.

Blanchard, providing he still has a bit of developing left.

High determination and work rate. High physical stats. High tackling and passing.

Get him on a training schedule that is low in aerobic and strength (not too low though)

Depending on how you play him (you can highlight the important attributes for a position on the attributes panel) then put him on an individual training to boost the lowest of those stats.

Blanchard is (or should be) at least half a star higher CA than the rest, meaning he has many more 15+ attributes than any of the others. To me, in my tactic, quickness, work rate and tackling are the most important attributes for my two DM's because they need to cover a lot of ground and many of my goals come from a possession-winning tackle on my own half. In some tactics, football intelligence may function better than sheer running frenzy, and then Saarela seems like a decent choice.

Personally I'd go for Saarela. But thats all I really want out of my DM. If I want a decent DM then my key attributes are Marking, Passing, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Work Rate, Stamina and Strength Saarela is at least 15 on all of those, except Determination and Strength. But everybody is different, nobody plays FM the same so what I think might be very important, others might not agree :D

Out of your list though I think Danek is the weakest player, simply because he lacks some attributes he would need for me. Technique, Bravery and Teamwork are all relatively low.

Definitely Ortiz. He is the only one that doesn't suck in either aggression or positioning. He is good at defending (marking, heading, tackling, positioning) and distribution of the ball (first touch, passing, technique, creativity and decisions).

Edit: just took a better look at Blanchard and he is fine as well. But he lack a bit in heading, marking and positioning. So still Ortiz :)

Saarela- Makelele

Ortiz- Pirlo

Danek- Hargreaves (except for team work and set pieces)

Blanchard- Vieira

Basically, not Danek, but beyond that it depends whether you want someone who reads the game exceptionally (Saarela), a player with amazing technical ability (Ortiz), or an all action ball winner (Blanchard). All three are good in all three areas though.

Personally id go for Danek hands down, he shows he is a good performer, hes a great allrounder, versatile, can attack fairly well, great defensively, and would probably make a great anchor man, possibly a deep playmaker, or good backup at center back.

Second choice would be Saarela as defensively he is a phenomenal player and although weak in the air i dont find that too important in my DM's and hes the best performer out of the lot.

As for blanchard, despite his physicals i dont think hes defensively good enough to sit in front of your back four, and looks to be an average performer.

As for Ortiz.... he sucks.

Personally id go for Danek hands down, he shows he is a good performer, hes a great allrounder, versatile, can attack fairly well, great defensively, and would probably make a great anchor man, possibly a deep playmaker, or good backup at center back.

Second choice would be Saarela as defensively he is a phenomenal player and although weak in the air i dont find that too important in my DM's and hes the best performer out of the lot.

As for blanchard, despite his physicals i dont think hes defensively good enough to sit in front of your back four, and looks to be an average performer.

As for Ortiz.... he sucks.

Sorry to break your bubble, man, but AI performance ratings are completely irrelevant.

Blanchard - great physical stats and mentally very strong for 25 year old. Also good at tackling and passing with the technique to allow him to get out of tight spaces and make use of that decision making and composure whilst being pressed.

EDIT: Also, Blanchard is extremely determined meaning that he'll more than likely have the mindset to make the most of his remaining potential even though he's past the peak development window that exists before the age of 22/23.

Archived