Insane/Drunk Backroom People...

I can't find this thread anywhere, but I'm sure it's been discussed.

I only play LL teams - but I make a point of trying to hire very good coaches... and yet, why do they insist on calling me in to a 'backroom advice' meeting every month, sit me down - and say this load of old pony?

1. "Look at this player - he's a great prospect." When he is clearly not even as good as my worst youngster/or he is an essential first team player for someone else and they would rather sell their own baby first!

2. Suggest all the time that a particular player needs to stop taking penalties/free kicks etc when their stats are 13-15 in those areas - and the best in the team!

3. Suggest coaching staff additions, when I have reached the limit of my staffing - and the coach in question is rubbish anyway.

4. Suggest training my central defenders up to dribble round an opponent when taking them on?! (Yeah coz that's what I want them to do...)

5. Suggest taking a player, who is the second highest goal scorer and regularly featured first team, off from the important first team and making him a back-up...

6. Suggest sending my scout to Africa!!! I am a LL team in Sweden. We have £2,300 in the bank.. er. . .. ?

etc etc.

These are not dufus coaches, their stats are pretty good (for LLM) and yet I get this rubbish once a month... ! !???

Does this happen in the Premier leagues???

Have noticed some of this.

1. Would be good if you could set a CA/PA star assessment to prevent them recommended rubbish players, like you can with the scouting assignments.

2. I've only really noticed it at the pre-season meeting, so it isn't too much of a problem.

3. I'm usually recommended good coaches with really high rep, so they want want completely inappropriate wages!

4. Do get some odd things sometimes, encouraging my CB to shoot from distance etc.

Yes it happens at any level. Their suggestions are all complete rubbish, but I do click on all their scouting suggestions simply because the more players I know about the better. It also happens from time to time that their tutoring suggestions are okay - although most of the time the tutor is worse than the tutee.

The fact that if you save before this meeting and can have the same coach suggest the opposite PPM for the same player if you reload tells me that the staff suggestions are absolutely random (apart from fast players with low dribbling always getting the "kick and run" PPM, regardless of their positon).

Archived