Should I get fm12 or fm13

Should I get fm 12 or wait  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get fm 12 or wait

I have a question. I have seen football manager 2012 at around 15 australian dollars. Seeing that fm 2013 will come out in around 5 months and fm13 will be better and have updated squads. The new game will be at least 50 dollars. If u were me would u go for 2012 or wait til 2013

15 Dollars is a great price for the game, so get it now and enjoy FM 12- wait and see what FM 13 has to offer and if you are tempted, wait till this time next year and get it cheaply then,

But it won't have updated squads and attributes

whenever you buy the game, you can get the latest update automatically through steam so it will be up to date, regardless of when you buy it.

When do they stop updating it and how often do they update transfers

(I currently play fm 2010 without steam)

If you get FM 12 the most up to date transfers will be the ones made in January 2012....but lets be honest after 1 season in game that doesn't really matter as transfers are made and ti no longer matches real life. The last update for FM 12 has been released(as far as we are all aware) so no further updates will come.

In answer to your question, I would also suggest both. I played each years version every year when I was in school, and still do now when in University. Clocked up 851hours on this years game(not fully accurate as some time was offline and steam didn't count this)

Buy FM12 on the cheap ($15 is good), then, scrape together a couple of dollars each week to be put in a FM13 piggy bank! Surely even if you're at school you can afford that, maybe you buy a can of coke every now and then? Chocolate bar? Cigs (tut tut)? Don't do it! Put that money somewhere safe.

Bobs your unkle... Once FM13 is out it'll seem like you're getting it for free.

Don't buy either.

Spend your time changing your school course/degree to one in computer studies/software development. The time saved from not playing FM - applied to the new course will score you a first class honours.

Then, after you graduate, send your CV to Sports Interactive and get a job as a playtester for them. You'll then get paid for playing all the time!!! Yay!

Seriously - I like the FM piggybank idea. Buy the cheap version now and put $3 a week away from now on.

Its 5 months till FM 2013.....if you are happy with 10 just wait and there is usually a pre-release sale. On the other hand it usually takes a couple of patches to get things working as designed.

I would wait for FM 2013. FM 12.2.2 is the best football management simulation ever IMO, but at this point I don't feel I could get myself into playing FM 2012. Then again it just might be me because I played it since the release day.

I am in a similar boat and have decided to wait. The issue for me is that the real life 2011-12 season is too fresh in my mind, and I don't like seeing it not reflected in the game I am playing. Keep enjoying the old version and jump in right away when FM13 is out.

I'd wait..... ignore the rest you'll kick yourself when the new one comes out and you still have the old version.... plus.. ALOT has changed and no doubt the game itself will change however slightly when fm2013 comes out........ if you have the available cash however no harm in buying both... 2012 will be a good stopgap until 2013 comes out... but if you arnt getting 2013 if you buy 2012 then i'd wait....

I am in a similar boat and have decided to wait. The issue for me is that the real life 2011-12 season is too fresh in my mind, and I don't like seeing it not reflected in the game I am playing. Keep enjoying the old version and jump in right away when FM13 is out.

That is probably what I will decide to do

It depends on what you want from it - if you want perfectly updated squads, then obviously FM13 will have them when it comes out. There are unofficial data updates available for FM12, but they're subjective and take a little more messing. Given that the A-League has also been massively improving in terms of actually working on the last few FM releases, you can probably assume that to continue into the next one if you have an interest in the national league.

If you want it to be instantly playable with no errors at all, then a fully patched FM12 would be your best best right now. FM13 will almost certainly let a few little niggles through, though they're generally never game-breaking problems. If you're fine with them, and rarely encounter problems anyway, then they're not an issue.

There were a lot of users on here from Australia around launch time of FM12 IIRC who had found the best place to buy it - either from an overseas import or (I THINK) JB had a massive deal on for a week or so. If you just keep an eye on here around release someone might be able to find you a cheaper place to buy it.

It depends on what you want from it - if you want perfectly updated squads, then obviously FM13 will have them when it comes out. There are unofficial data updates available for FM12, but they're subjective and take a little more messing. Given that the A-League has also been massively improving in terms of actually working on the last few FM releases, you can probably assume that to continue into the next one if you have an interest in the national league.

If you want it to be instantly playable with no errors at all, then a fully patched FM12 would be your best best right now. FM13 will almost certainly let a few little niggles through, though they're generally never game-breaking problems. If you're fine with them, and rarely encounter problems anyway, then they're not an issue.

There were a lot of users on here from Australia around launch time of FM12 IIRC who had found the best place to buy it - either from an overseas import or (I THINK) JB had a massive deal on for a week or so. If you just keep an eye on here around release someone might be able to find you a cheaper place to buy it.

I do manage in the A-League a bit and would like to have updated squads and improved features.

Guest avine

I honestly would buy fm12,suggesting that the cost is low, in order to prepare for a long term save in fm13 when it is released. I understand that this may sounds weird to some,but this is what i would do

I was in similar position like you. I bought FM2012 in beginning of May, so almost everywhere the season is coming to an end.

I setup a new game, holidayed for 1 year and voila! I am in 2012 july. Now all the clubs made transfers, but not all players are changed, almost every clubs have almost same team with few new players. This will make you feel like a new season and will keep things interesting.

Archived