The battle of the TV Pundits

Rebs

Which pundit team is better?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which pundit team is better?

• BBC
    • ITV

Don't think we've had a pundit thread...so below is the list for BBC and ITV and their main pundits.

BBC

Alan Hansen

Alan Shearer

Lee Dixon

Harry Redknapp

Clarence Seedorf

Jurgen Klinsmann

Niall Quinn

David James

Robbie Savage

ITV

Roy Keane

Patrick Vieira

Jamie Carragher

Roberto Martinez

Gareth Southgate

Andy Townsend

Gordon Strachan

I've added a poll for which channel has the better (i.e. less-annoying) team, but who are you/and aren't you looking forward to hearing?

Aside from Townsend that's actually a very good line up, although incorporating adverts and Adrian Chiles it makes the decision slightly harder. Have to admit despite earlier slating ITV, I didn't realise just how bad BBC's line up was, the usual MOTD crowd irritate me and aside from Seedorf and Klinsmann don't really care for any of the others on BBC, although Strachan, Quinn and James aren't thaaat bad most of the time. Narrowly ITV.

Voted BBC despite Shearer and Hansen's lack of knowledge (though Hansen's tactical analysis is good). I think Martinez has a lot of potential, Southgate has more knowledge than most British pundits and Strachan is good value. Vieira is also a good pundit and Keane could be. However, Klinsmann and Seedorf are two of my favourite pundits, James and Quinn are also good, and Dixon and Hansen are better analysists than anyone at ITV.

BBC really need to drop Shearer all together.

Rest of the pundits are pretty good, love Seedorf and Klinsmann.

Can't Sky lend them Martin Tyler to do some commentary for a couple of weeks though :(

Tyler will probably be doing an international feed, he did England vs Belgium alongside Tony Dorigo.

Oh Christ, not Robbie Savage :(((( Can't stand him on anything, had to turn off Soccer Aid because of him and his **** jokes.

Roy Keane just constantly looks like he wants to hurt someone, but if Carragher's on the same side that could turn a bit tasty! Might watch ITV just for the possibility of a fight.

BBC hands down...then again I do not get ITV in Holland.

I still watch the BBC games when they are on instead of Dutch TV.

If you guys think that ITV is bad you should see the total unprofessional nature of the pundits and sheer mind numbingly boring with the Dutch commentators.

On the BBC website Alan Hansen has predicted that Germany will be runners up and that both Holland and Portugal will make the semi's.

Someone should explain to him that they're all in the same group and only two of them can go through :D

Archived