Time For An International Match Engine?

Its clear the Match Engine cannot duplicate Internationals as well as it does with the domestic competitions. Is it time for a seperate match engine for Internationals? Or perhaps a rating in the players profile 'International Ability"?

For example if a player had an IA ability of 20 then all of their stats would be carried over into international matches. However if they had an IA rating of 15 then their stats would be reduced by 25%, with the result being they are not as good for their country as they are for their clubs.

What do you guys think?

It's really not necessary. It's clear to me that a player (say Messi) is worse at a national team than at a club where he is surrounded by superstars. So I say that the teammates at the NT compensate (the lack or the excess) of CA of a certain player.

When england win the 2014 world cup you know something aint right. Its well known the ME cannot cope with international matches. Wales do ridiculously well at times also. Something smells and it aint my pants for once :)

I thought that was explained very clearly in this post from Redbyrd taken from your other thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307803-SI-need-to-sort-out-the-England-National-team?p=7856638&viewfull=1#post7856638

Nope its not good enough at explaining why england win the world cup more than 40% of my games.

First you need to prove it happened on more than 40% of occasions and second you need a much bigger sample size.

I would also guess you load a small amount of leagues which includes England, playable leagues always seem to overperform in FM. Also is the World Cup being fully played out or simmed?

EDIT

Just for reference these are England's results from my save in 2033 (Lots of leagues playable):

2012 Euros - Runners up

2014 World Cup - Group

2016 Euros - 2nd Round/Last 16

2018 World Cup - 2nd Round/Last 16

2020 Euros - 2nd Round

2022 World Cup - Runners up

2024 Euros - Runners up

2026 World Cup - 2nd Round

2028 Euros - Quarter Finals

2030 World Cup - 2nd Round

2032 Euros - Quarter Finals

I load England, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Holland. Whenever the world cup is fully played England do even better. I dont understand it. I,ve even seen Wales get to the final a couple of times.

Six playable countries isn't very many, I have 20 loaded (Mainly top league only) and this gives a much better variety at International level.

Wales do have a decent crop of youngsters at the start of a save but even then they've only made the World Cup finals once in my save (2030) and the Euro Finals three times (2020, 2024 & 2028) with a quarter final appearance their best effort.

Archived