Hi,

does anyone still play this?

i have just loaded it up after a few years and was wondering if there were still downloads available for it, mega packs, skins, tactics etc....

i have looked but can not find any.

a gentle nudge in the right direction will go down a treat

I Play FM07 and 12, but 07 is where I spend most of the time.

I know that any post fm07 has newer and improve features, but I still have a lot of fun and addictness with the game. I wish that newer versions had more FM07 feel to them, in terms of fun and addictness. It is not about the how real it is, but but the endless possibilities and pretty much have fun with it.

As for your questions, I used Sortitoutsi site (forums), but also check dugout site, as well.

I was still on FM07 until my save game crash dumped in 2045, and then when I started all over it crash dumped in 2043, so I started playing FM08 instead.

I just use logos for the newer versions of the games, the Metallic Logo Mega Pack (?) works just fine. Skins can also be found - as the above poster suggested, try sortitoutsi or thedugout, or use Google Translate (I'm assuming you don't know Danish) for fmfreaks.dk, that's where I got my skins.

I still really enjoy FM06 and 07. It's funny how they seemed to feel so complete at the time other than the odd thing or two, and subsequent versions have added so many more features on top. I think the best thing about those early FM games was their overall balance. The current game(s) seem to have so many crazy new additions - which are always welcome - but doesn't seem to have the same control over all its faculties as 06 and 07 were. That and the level of realism has started to make FM like a full time job!

I think - to be perfectly honest - the main thing that really keeps me interested in the latest versions is the editor. If the same opportunity to mould competitions was available for 06 and 07 without the need for glitchy league swaps and that sort of thing, I don't think I'd ever buy a new FM game. At least not until I was convinced they'd recaptured the spirit of 07!

Archived