Importance of Staff?

Everyone always goes on about the importants of good staff and everyone seems to clean all of their staff out and bring all of their own...

As far as i'm aware the only benefit of this is to help with training and help with improving stats; is there any other benefits???

better scouts will find better players, a better ass-man will do a better job with his tasks than a poor one (team talks and press interactions if you delkegate these roles as an example) and yeah, the better the coaches you have, the better they will be at getting the most out of your players, although there are other factors such as your training facilities

I have often thought the importance of staff is greatly exaggerated on this forum. Personally, although I always look out for the best staff available (who wouldn't) I don't think it is that important.

Also I believe a good physio will better estimate the length of time a player will be out for. They may also give better treatment to speed up their recovery amongst other things but maybe that's just rumours.

Higher rated trainers do not increase the speed of player healing. They arent Christlike after all.

I have my own set of backroom staff that have been with me at 3 clubs now (Gateshead for 2 and a half years, AFC Telford for 4 months, and now at Stevenage). All made of ex-footballers, too.

I'm in their favoured personel and aren't bad coaches so I felt I might as well bring them along, though I have dropped my old ass man as he wasn't good enough.

Higher rated trainers do not increase the speed of player healing. They arent Christlike after all.

In real life there's a lot a good physio can do to make a player recover faster from an injury.

better scouts will find better players, a better ass-man will do a better job with his tasks than a poor one (team talks and press interactions if you delkegate these roles as an example) and yeah, the better the coaches you have, the better they will be at getting the most out of your players, although there are other factors such as your training facilities

Spoken like a true SI Games convert. In actual fact its better to have staff than not to but the quality of staff is basically irrelevant.

From what I've read on here through experiments etc, coaches make very little difference. It's true that the higher attributes mean the stars are higher in training, but all that means is they can handle a slightly higher workload. Unless you've got a ridiculous number of players or your training heavily in one area for all players, it isn't really going to change anything.

Scouts will pretty much always come back with the same report anyway, but their judgment in star ratings differ if their judging attributes are higher. For the most part, I can judge for myself anyway, so again it doesn't make much of a difference.

As I handle press conferences and teamtalks myself, assistant managers are just like another coach to me, so there's no real advantage there. I try to have higher attribute ratings for physiotherapy in physios, but again, I doubt it means anything beyond more accurately reporting recovery times.

It's an area of the game that's pretty much been ignored for years. Besides these virtually-cosmetic changes like stars for training, has the importannce of good staff really changed that much since... well, CM3?

Archived