Struggle getting new job

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me;

I was Fiorentina manager for 5 years.......won the Serie A 4 years running, the Italian cup twice, the Italian Super Cup 3 times, and got to the final of the Champions League once. I had a win percent of 76% and a world class status.

But I got bored managing them having won all domestic trophies and fancied managing in another league, so at the end of my 5th season I resigned hoping and waiting for an interesting project to pop up. However, I've been turned down time and time again by teams both larger and smaller than Fiorentina......Newcastle, Valencia, Dortmund, Sevilla, Bayer Leverkusen to name but a few. In each case they hired someone with a smaller reputation...and in some cases the club released a statement saying they were honoured I was putting my name forward and would be ridiculous not to consider me.

Has anyone else had this?

Any suggestions how to get back into a team?

Is ther a way of forcing my way into a team? or should I just go for a really small club or open up a new league?

Thanks

Yep this seems to be a problem for many people. I am currently sat as France manager having won Euro 2012, confed cup 2013, world cup 2014....as well as guiding PSG to 2nd in league the 1 season i spent there. Yet liverpool went for Wolves manager terry over me, and Barca went for Benitez who had been out of football 2 seasons, over me.

Just got to keep applying.

UPDATE: After applying for a failing to get the United job due to it being given to Ancelotti. Inter fired Mourinho and I applied and got it, just keep applying, someone will accept you.

It's a common fault Monkeyman. Many times I've finished at one club, had a great reputation & a fair amount of success & this game leaves you with no job offers for years.

It's a major problem & needs attention but I have no clue whether FM are addressing it.

I find i get offered loads of Jobs when im in a job but not when im out of one.. I guess its kinda like real life... as it is easier to get a new Job if you are currently employed lol!!

Keep applying or perhaps set your sights slightly lower and work your way up again.. It would be a challenge

Archived