MAC: players team status

I am wondering why I am not allowed to change the players team status of my players? E.g if I have signed a player as a first-team player with a contract running multiple years then I often experience as the team promotes to a better league and new players are signed then I am not allowed to change the playes status to e.g. backup player?

If I have a meeting with my staff and they suggest a players status to be changed and I accept this then the status is changes, but I can't control this myself - why is that? Is it a bug?

Best Regards,

Søren

You can change the squad status. I think it's Transfer/Contracts -> Squad Status -> Select Your Option.

If I do this and confirm the players status returns to what it was before I changed it. It will not allow me to change it.

you have to offer them a new contract

Then it doesn't make sense that my staff can advise me to change a players status without having to offer the player a new contract.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the manual - I should be able to change a players squad status...

11.13.5. Transfers & Contracts Menu - Set Transfer Status

This screen allows you to set the squad and transfer status of a player. You can determine his role from this list of self-explanatory options:

Indispensable to the club

Important first team player

Used in a squad rotation system

Backup to the first team

Hot prospect for the future*

Decent young player*

Not needed by the club

(* only eligible for younger players)

This can be set for any member of the squad, but for those you wish to sell, you can move on to set your instructions for handling transfer offers, including desired fees and whether the player is ‘officially’ on the Transfer List.

Once you’re happy with your changes, hit ‘Confirm’ to apply them.

I am currently FC United of Manchester a former part-time pro club - now full pro in npower league 1. I also have a game with Boston United with the same issue. Boston is also a former part-time pro club with are now a full pro club also in npower league 1.

I got the solution from someone at SI Games and I just wanted to share it with others that might have this problem.

The simple solution was to clear the game cache.

Thank you to SI for great support.

Archived