Did my friend get a son?

He is most definitely a son. Well done to your mate. In all my years playing FM, I've never had that myself, although I've seen numerous pairs of brothers come through academies.

He's also particularly lucky that his son looks a good prospect too. Often when people have sons come through the academy, they're no better than the average youth academy player, and end up getting released.

He is most definitely a son. Well done to your mate. In all my years playing FM, I've never had that myself, although I've seen numerous pairs of brothers come through academies.

He's also particularly lucky that his son looks a good prospect too. Often when people have sons come through the academy, they're no better than the average youth academy player, and end up getting released.

Haha a bit jealous myself! Only got him into FM this year. He's got a 164 PA by the way - insanely lucky. Thanks for sorting that out!

I had a son come through the ranks on my At. Madrid save in FM11. He was a good player but at the time I had a world beating team so I decided to sell him to see what he would do at another club. I sold him to Arsenal for around £10-15m, he then went on the play for Chelsea and Palermo before I decided to bring him back to Leti when he was 30 because there was a lack of rigt wingers available at that time. He also made 40 odd appearances for Spanish national side.

Yeah, I also think that it is his son.

On a different note: Does anybody know if sons can be generated if your last name is not in the database?

Pretty sure they can - i dont believe my surnames in the database but I've had a son in a previous version.

EDIT: In fact just checked the current db and there isnt anyone with my surname so i'd definatly say yes to that.

I admit I am jealous,just last night I searched to see if anyone had my last name.

Have played the series for years and never in all the 100's and 100's of saves and thousands and thousands of hours have I managed to have a son come through.

Anyone know just how rare this is?I mean is it maybe 1000-1 chance when you start a game that this will happen or is based on other facts like your starting age?

Pretty sure they can - i dont believe my surnames in the database but I've had a son in a previous version.

EDIT: In fact just checked the current db and there isnt anyone with my surname so i'd definatly say yes to that.

So, there's hope for me. Thanks for checking!

I had a son in FM09 while with Real Oviedo. He wasn't good enough to play in La Liga (he was only a leading star for Segunda B sides in potential) but I signed him to pro contract and just kept loaning him out to other teams. He also had a decent career with Canada, since he wasn't good enough for the Spanish national team. :)

Just curious as to what you guys think. We checked in FMRTE and he has 100 relations with my friend, and on top of that Jeff is also American like him.

607818027F23419168A4994543B87F4D9C5715F8

B9895FA5F12A70EBB4823D7F3710DBDBC5E353DE

Thanks! :)

Do they have the same second name? how can i find out if i have one in my game.

Do they have the same second name? how can i find out if i have one in my game.

They'll come through your own academy, share your second name, and list you as favoured personnel. I think it might also give him your nationality as a dual nationality if you're managing in a different country.

At times I get so frustrated that I don't get a son, even if I follow the best possible scenario (start managing as young as possible, don't switch clubs), that I nickname a youth with my name and I pretend he's mine. Some other times I don't get that crazy, I just pick the best youth at my academy and pretend he's my son. His mother chose to divorce me though and the kid got his mother's last name. And I'm not his favoured personnel cause he is mad at me for leaving him.

You are sooooo lucky!

Archived