Wrestling/boxing or UFC Manager game?

I dont know if this has been asked or if this is the right place. But will SI ever create a fighting manager game for boxing, ufc or wrestling. I think it would great as there are alot of fans out there for these sports and they could bring in these people to buy such game.

Have you ever played WMMA 3?

It's text based so not everyone's sort of game but I find it amazingly addictive.

I am sure boxing has been mentioned on here before but I doubt SI will do a game outside of a football one.

I dont know if this has been asked or if this is the right place. But will SI ever create a fighting manager game for boxing, ufc or wrestling. I think it would great as there are alot of fans out there for these sports and they could bring in these people to buy such game.

There was a thread a couple weeks ago about this: Greydog Software makes the WMMA game mentioned here, as well as a wrestling management sim. You might check them out- I haven't played yet, but those I have talked to give their games high recommendations.

Have you ever played WMMA 3?

It's text based so not everyone's sort of game but I find it amazingly addictive.

I am sure boxing has been mentioned on here before but I doubt SI will do a game outside of a football one.

WMMA 3 is very addictive, quite a few mods available for it as well. Should at least try out the demo for it.

The ex SIers OOTP offer a boxing sim on their website www.ootpdevelopments.com

Yes, Title Bout, which was based on the old Avalon Hill box game. The problem I've had with it though is that isn't really a management sim like FM or the Greydog games in that there is no game world aspect to it that changes, grows, etc. Unless they've done something completely different with it in past year.

Already own it.

Make sure you have latest patch installed, fixes the dog attack bug where your postman was out for 6 months every time.

WMMA 3 is very addictive, quite a few mods available for it as well. Should at least try out the demo for it.

I love it played as UFC from 1993 to 2017 and still going. One of the few games that compares to FM for addictiveness especially historical mods.

I love it played as UFC from 1993 to 2017 and still going. One of the few games that compares to FM for addictiveness especially historical mods.
Guessing you're using the Dawn of MMA mod? Very good mod, frustrating seeing regens having the same pics as some UFC stars though

Guessing you're using the Dawn of MMA mod? Very good mod, frustrating seeing regens having the same pics as some UFC stars though

I manually assign pictures from the default database to good fighters when I use that mod. I also use a picture pack with no names on the face picture not as annoying that way.

Never heard of EWR :confused: Tried the free version of TEW (think it was 2005?)

Hoping WMMA 4 will be announced soon :D

EWR was made by Adam Ryland just like TEW was. It was a free much simpler version of TEW made years and years before. I think there's more chance of another TEW before another WMMA, greydogsoftware are also currently making a pro basketball game. Obviously there won't be real players in it until someone releases a mod.

Yes, Title Bout, which was based on the old Avalon Hill box game. The problem I've had with it though is that isn't really a management sim like FM or the Greydog games in that there is no game world aspect to it that changes, grows, etc. Unless they've done something completely different with it in past year.

OOTP claim that a boxing manager style game is in the works with ex-SI staffer Paul Norman doing some of the work. Problem is they have been saying this for a number of years now. Most of the their time seems to be spent on their baseball manager games which bring in the most money, so you can't really blame them.

• Administrators
Im not messing about it, im serious.

Ye I know about greydog software, they make EWR and TEW.

But why cant SI make manager sim outside footy. Just curious.

We tried with both baseball and hockey, both games unfortunately due to various reasons were not sustainable at the levels we'd hope to achieve.

doubt it, why would anyone want to manage a Boxer?

In a mixed martial arts game you would be a company and in charge of loads of fighters and would book the matches. In a boxing one you would more than likely play the role of a promoter and hire several fighters and arrange a boxing event for them to all fight each other at.

We tried with both baseball and hockey, both games unfortunately due to various reasons were not sustainable at the levels we'd hope to achieve.

^^this to answer every single idea about another game than FM.

EHM, OOTP, and FML all failed when SI developed these games, so let's just have SI stick with FM...

But if OOTP Hockey sells well, would SI consider reviving the EHM series? I still play EHM07 every now and then. It's so outdated though... :(

C'mon , guys- this is a forum for discussing FM not advertising other games. Si have said before that their full attention will be on FM so it is very unlikely that any other managemnet sim will be considered.

Archived