Unprofessional, talented regen.. any way to make him more professional?

Hi, as manager for Swansea I've managed to upgrade my youth academy to a state of the art facility, so there's alot of talent coming up from there.

It's that date again, the 18th of March, and I've got 3 players with a 2 1/2 stars potential rating, which is really good imo. Problem is though, that in the coach-report most of them are said to be "unprofessional". My experience is that such an attribute makes him a flop and will never become a player that could break into the A-team. I've had so many players with great attributes to be a youth, who's never gotten anywhere past being an average player for my reserves - because they weren't professional enough.

This is a waste of good talent obviously. I've tried having him tutored by one of my star-players, but the only result i get from that is both of them becoming unhappy because of "the great difference in personalities" between those two. I'm also in charge of the English national team, and I've tried to giving those of them who are English a chance for the national team to see if that helps, but no, it doesn't change much in that regard.

However, I see in the coach report that is says "Tony believes that you have a highly professional squad and feels X will have a lot of work to do to fit in"

So, is there a way to make him become more professional?

Tutoring is really it. Personality clashes are random. What you could try (it's worked for me) is tutor him with someone closer to his personality type to "prep" him for the star player you really want to do the tutoring. You move the unprofessional player towards your goal incrementally.

Archived