Liverpool to Dover!!

Hi guys, I was doing Liverpool and I just got sacked because we were 14th in the Prem in March, out of FA Cup at 4th round, out of League cup in round 4 and out of europa league group stages!!

The only available job was Middlesborough, I applied for it but the next day they gave the job to Pardew, the next job to become available was Dover, I wanted to get back into work ASAP and I knew Dover would offer me job so I went for it :D

I'm now wondering if I made a mistake! The reason I took the job was because it was March, near the end of the season, no other jobs available and I wanted a job asap, if I left at the beginning of next season would I be able to get a job in a higher league or not?

I was in a similar situation but not as extreme.

Gateshead, Blue Square Bet Premier. 2 and a half years, really overachieving but frustrating as we missed out on promotion/play-offs again and I resigned in January.

I had been linked to League 2 jobs but none were available so went to Blue Square North side AFC Telford. Won 29% of my games and was awful so let my contract run out.

Applied for the Stevenage job (League 2) at the start of the new season and got it.

As long as your rep hasn't been damaged by the Liverpool stint, you should be able to get a higher level job but maybe not to the heights of before.

even if you were world Class and applied for small club, you couldn't get the job if they were prepered to offer it for their target within 1 day, so it could be the reason you didn't get Middlesbrough job.

i don't mind taking a steps down from top flight league to lower leagues, i always like lower leagues, but only if i achieved a great things.

anyway, I've my career, where i started from the lowest possible point, 2nd Division team in Malaysia, i took them in 1st division and left, then i've been offered a job by Dover after 11 games, they were at bottom positions and appointed to take them up, it was the worst FM spell for me as i relegeted from 6th tier to 7th, i didn't have further tier as i wanted to bring them back to 6th tier, but left the job, and little by little my reputation improved from abroad jobs, Now in EPL with QPR, but i'm prepered to go back there at one day LOL, so good luck until i'm taking your job :p

the Man City job has just become available and I have applied for it, doubt I'll get it but if I do, should I go? I'm guessing the answer is yes :)

lol, depends on your past experience when you created your profile, but if you picked 'Sunday-League player' , there are no chance even for League two sides.

no doubt you are doing fine, how many signings you did before the start of the season ? and how many until this moment ?

lol, depends on your past experience when you created your profile, but if you picked 'Sunday-League player' , there are no chance even for League two sides.

no doubt you are doing fine, how many signings you did before the start of the season ? and how many until this moment ?

I did two signings at the end of last season, 2 old strikers for free, start of this season I signed about 4 or 5 players on a free, a couple of them are league 1/2 players according to my scout.

and yes, I did pick Sunday league footballer...is that bad?

and yes, I did pick Sunday league footballer...is that bad?

it would mean you are playing at lowest possible reputation for which leagues you loaded, it doesn't mean bad, but the most possible & realistic reputation for someone who wants to manage in lower division. So when you offered a job, you truley deserved it :thup:

I always pick it, apart from when i use the name of known managers and i want to manage at top :D

My contract at Dover ends at the end of the season and it is very likely that I will be offered new one, not sure whether to accept it or not, If I haven't got a chance of getting into a higher level by leaving I might as well stay and try to get Dover as high as possible no?

My contract at Dover ends at the end of the season and it is very likely that I will be offered new one, not sure whether to accept it or not, If I haven't got a chance of getting into a higher level by leaving I might as well stay and try to get Dover as high as possible no?

Yes, do it! I would, you'd regret it if you don't.

One more thing, I can't apply for all jobs, the West Ham job has just become available (I know I'm not gonna get it and I wouldn't go anyway!) but I can only declare interest whereas some other jobs I can apply for :confused:

It means the manager of West Ham is teetering on the sack or they have a caretaker in place I think, and you can declare your interested. I'd not bother, especially if you have little chance of getting the job. It will just pee everyone off; most of all your own board/fans/maybe players.

mate, doing that much in short time, meaning you'll lose the baord & fans support. Be careful.

I know, I'm stopping now, I went for the Man City job because I thought I could be missing a big opportunity, I didn't go for West Ham job, I wasn't going to, I just wondered why I couldn't apply for it even though the manager had been sacked

Archived