Is there any way to find full career stats?

Hi

Obviously I know how to find a players career stats, but those I can find only covers matches and goal from the domestic league.

In a recent match, the commentator said that "That's his 50th goal for Swansea". Fair enough, but this is my 23 year old central defender!! So I wanted to find out how many matches the corner-beast used to score 50 goals. On the career stats covering the league only, he has 157 matches and 30 goals.

Is it possible to find the other matches and goals somewhere in fm?

Can also add that I've checked the bio, and it also only covers the league : /

Thanks in advance, and prolly even afterward if someone answers me:)

The brilliant RSI-inducing solution, brought to you by SI, is to click individually on each and every row in the player's history and add them up yourself.

You might then find yourself joining the long list of people who'd like a sensible player history where you can view the stats in one go.

You might then find yourself joining the long list of people who'd like a sensible player history where you can view the stats in one go.

I joined this list a couple of weeks back when I created a similar thread :D

What would you count as sensible?

Maybe a drop down on the player history page with choices of: All(club),All(international),All(both),League, Cups, continental, international

Exactly like that - it's been suggested a million times already.

Exactly like that - it's been suggested a million times already.

Well here is the problem then...would mean the FM researches going and finding all that data for the thousands of players already in the database, I think this is the main thing stopping it. Imagine how long it would take to collect all those individual competition stats for a side such as united or Liverpool, maybe 5-6 hours to get all players done. Then imagine doing it for a BSS player who has had a sketch pasts and suddenly its taking days for one teams data to be done. Where as finding out what is shown at the moment will not take as long as it isn't as detailed.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I just think it would be very very difficult to implement, unless you left out all the previous seasons data, and then people on this forum would complain about that instead.

Yeah we know the lame excuse, but seriously, who cares that much about the pre-game stats? It's not like they're being taken into account now when it says "that's his 50th goal for X" either, and no one cares. And anyway, I'm much more interested in how players perform in the game than IRL. On top of that after a while all the real players leave the game anyway - but you still can't view the regens career stats easily.

But yes, let's just make everyone click on 20 entries in a table manually because of some nebulous "the pre-games stats are missing" reason. That's a much better solution... Like the pre-game stats are obviously missing there either.

as I said, you might not care about the pre game stats being missing, but if SI put in the option without the pre game stats we both know people would complain about it not being realistic enough without them due to empty columns for pre game season.

as I said, you might not care about the pre game stats being missing, but if SI put in the option without the pre game stats we both know people would complain about it not being realistic enough without them due to empty columns for pre game season.

Just what are you arguing anyway? That SI shouldnt make common sense fixes to the statistical presentation because its too hard and someone might complain that its still not good enough? Using your reasoning, why should SI try to improve anything in the game? Can't do thinking annoys me.

Or just make the default view league appearances only. Or stick a caveat on the screen that for real players, career statistics might be wrong.

In all honesty, the data isn't anywhere near complete anyway. You probably won't find complete career statistics for Joe Unknown in Unknownland, so including unknown Cup appearances and goals isn't going to make it any worse.

Or just make the default view league appearances only.

That is what it is at the moment, and it seems people are not happy with it.

me personally, I think its fine. If you want to know those stats then you just go through the column, yeh not ideal but atleast it is there

That is what it is at the moment, and it seems people are not happy with it.

me personally, I think its fine. If you want to know those stats then you just go through the column, yeh not ideal but atleast it is there

What I mean is: Have checkboxes for league, cup, continental, international and perhaps even friendly games. Let the default view be just the league. When a user checks, say, cup games, then cup games appear alongside league games and the totals are updated.

Which is one mouse click compared with n, where n is the number of seasons...

ahh okay, this sounds good, but still would have previous seasons problems. I think if people are willing to accept lack of data for previous seasons then it might be implemented, but if not then there will always be complains.

ahh okay, this sounds good, but still would have previous seasons problems. I think if people are willing to accept lack of data for previous seasons then it might be implemented, but if not then there will always be complains.
I think the benefits outweigh that.

The data's not complete anyway, so it's not like it's a breaking issue.

Well here is the problem then...would mean the FM researches going and finding all that data for the thousands of players already in the database, I think this is the main thing stopping it. Imagine how long it would take to collect all those individual competition stats for a side such as united or Liverpool, maybe 5-6 hours to get all players done. Then imagine doing it for a BSS player who has had a sketch pasts and suddenly its taking days for one teams data to be done. Where as finding out what is shown at the moment will not take as long as it isn't as detailed.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I just think it would be very very difficult to implement, unless you left out all the previous seasons data, and then people on this forum would complain about that instead.

I honestly do not think the researchers put that much effort into getting accurate player histories. High profile players in high profile leagues and players where it is rather easy are done.

There are tons of less known players, players in less known leagues, etc where previous seasons stats are left out aside from what teams they have played for. It does not seem that people make a big deal of this. I think your reasoning is pretty weak.

that doesnt surprise me that you think my reasoning is weak...it seems to be the way on these forums to never agree with someones opinions, however well thought out or presented they are people will always disagree. If I had made a graph and everything to show the time taken people would still disagree. So I do not really care that you disagree, just saying it is one of many possible reasons for it not to be happening.

Archived