Euro 2012 Breakout Star

dagoonerfan

Who do you think will be the Euro 2012 breakout star?

I'm not going to do a poll as there is endless players but type below the players who will impress and get offers all over Europe.

In the past they include

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7470415.stm

So who will be the breakout star who Man City will put in a £60m bid after his 1 good game?

Yevhen Konoplyanka.

Konoplyanka is a great shout. Him and Yaromolenko could be worth loads by the end of the tournament. Can see both going to major Western European clubs for fees in excess of £10m. People are underestimating the Ukraine as an attacking threat big time.

Got a feeling a few young players could have a really good tournament. There's been a few around starting to break into their national teams and I feel the international stage, especially in Europe, is ready for the next wave of top players. Nearly every team has a player who can change a game or do something special...just time for them to make their mark!

If Jetro Willems plays he could be one. (At least to a English audience, I guess the Netherlands viewers already know about him!)
And he is not that great (yet).

Would go for Afellay, plays not much for Barca, so relatively unproven, but thinks he can become a star during this tournament.

Is he the kind of player to light up a tournament, though, or is he a Deschamps/Makelele type? Going by his position (anchorman, right?) I'm expecting a lot of tackling, dispossessing opponents and short passes, rather than the beautiful game. I don't know much about him, other than the perennial linking to Arsenal for £20m+.

Archived