Those moments that keep you playing

Well I had just been away from FM for a week due to holiday, start playing hoping to get into FM right away, then I hit a problem, injuries and suspensions hit, i have 2 GK on bench and 2 outfield players. 70thmin come i put the two players on, 75th min my LAM got injured, was like "ahh crap" so shoved keeper on....10mins later the GK at LAM scored a greater header! Pulled off the defender with the skill of a winger, loved it! Put me right back in the mood for FM.

What keeps other players playing on?

That beautiful goal where for several weeks your strikers can't seem to catch any luck and then in the 87th minute of a tied game, your striker gets played through and curls the keeper from the edge of the box. I must admit at times it makes me more excited than it should

Struggling through my first ever season playing in the English Prem, losing games I should be smashing, and seeing people who have played as the same team have a player score 112 goals in one season. Drives me to one day get my tactics to do the job properly.

Argentina are on a poor run of five games without a win (4L, 1D) and in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup, so they looked to me to turn it around. For two months I'm hailed as the future of Argentina, destined to bring attractive attacking football and sweeping success to the perennially under-performing side.

In my first game we eke out a stodgy 1-1 draw away against Columbia and suddenly the fans and the media are on my back.

Felt beautifully realistic :D

When my the top striker at a club I have taken over half way through the season is the top scorer and has scored a hat trick two games in a row. Hes only 35 years young!

Also being able to pull my new club full of pretty good senior citizens and really bad players to from relegation candidates to mid table. I only brought in a keeper and three central defenders. We started scoring goals and not conceding, it was glorious!

Archived