Unable to sign certain nationality players

Currently playing as Vikingur Gota in the Faroe Islands..

I'm in 2019, won every season, and every cup since the very first season. I play in Europe every year and get to the 3rd qualifying every time without fail. Which pays the bills and has just enabled me to improve my youth facilities which will be complete by the end of next season. The core of my team is South American's with stats that wouldn't go a miss in the championship and I have internationals playing for Peru, Coloumbia, Kenya, Faroes and Paraguay plus the rest of my players have plenty of youth caps. Just played against a San Marino based team in Europe and none of the San Marino players will join my team, neither will any of the Luxembourg, Andorra or Lichtenstein. Most of the players are on amateur contracts, but because some of them are regens they have really good stats and because they are in such small nations with such weak (ranking based) leagues like mine I'd have thought they'd jump at the chance to come and play at a successful team who ventures into Europe every season and can pay them upto £2,100 per week in wages!

Any thought's on why this is happening??

**for the record I have all the minor nations players loaded already**

Are the names of the players you try to sign greyed-out or do they have a generated picture? I really hate it when you are successful in a small country and nobody in the world seems to take notice. And all the players at small clubs still don't want to come...

Are the names of the players you try to sign greyed-out or do they have a generated picture? I really hate it when you are successful in a small country and nobody in the world seems to take notice. And all the players at small clubs still don't want to come...

No the players are real, I make sure to always load the minor nations like San Marino just out of interest. They are just regens that play for club teams in them countries but yeah have no interest in signing atall. Even though they are on amateur contracts!

This is mirroring real-life situation. African and South American football players play all over the world, including the most obscure nations, whereas guys from little European nations almost exclusively stick to their homeland.

This is mirroring real-life situation. African and South American football players play all over the world, including the most obscure nations, whereas guys from little European nations almost exclusively stick to their homeland.

Yeah you're right with that. Just thought I'd throw the question out see if anybody has overcome it on the game. Thanks for the responses guys

Archived