Stadium Expansion

I've just had my stadium expanded to 9000 seats, and for the last 3 games have completely sold out.

I was wondering how long it takes until I'm allowed to request another stadium expansion? Do you have to sell out consistently for a specific period of time, or is there a set amount of time between requests?

There are no set time limits afaik although this might not be the case for making a request, less than a year after building a new stadium my board realised we could get more fans in & added another 7000 seats.

Stadiums have a limit in expansion capacity though, it's worth noting. Which is set for each stadium an can only be over-ruled by minimum capacity requirements (such as those in the SPL and EPL)

I'm not sure how it works now, but back in the day I believe you would get granted a request for expansion if your average attendance was above 90% of capacity in league games for the current season. That is if there were no economic hinders or you hadn't reached maximum capacity. So you could technically expand two years in a row if capacity wasn't reduced because of construction for too many games.

Archived