How to be sure that no one will hack/steal my steam account?

Be sure to enable Steam Guard too. It's a newish feature of steam, that requires you to retrieve a code sent to your registered email address, before you can log into your Steam account on a new computer.

It's easy to do, but if you require a little more info, have a look at THIS link to the Steam website.

There are few forums where guys are selling hacked steam accounts. So that people were safe if their accs were hacked?

There will always be account hijacking on the internet, but normally the fault is with the user and not the company. Perhaps the most common way of losing your details is by phishing, where you are deceived to type your steam details into a replica steam website, and instead of logging in, simply send you details to the hacker.

So don't open links to Steam login pages from emails, or webpages you don't trust. Don't have the same password to your Steam account and registered email account. And enable Steam Guard. That should set you well. If you follow those rules, and still get hacked, Steam customer services are excellent at retrieving accounts and returning them to their rightful owner.

Don't reuse passwords, especially for your email address and any important account.

Run decent anti-virus software and keep it up to date.

Keep your OS and important programs such as flash player up to date.

Pick a decent password. If you reuse them, at least try to use several different ones.

Make sure you know what links you're clicking on.

People lose their accounts because they do stupid stuff like having incredibly obvious passwords or otherwise have no idea what they're doing when it comes to security. In my many years of using the internet I've never had a single account compromised, and because of the steps I take like using different emails/usernames/password, the damage would be greatly limited even if it were.

Don't reuse passwords, especially for your email address and any important account.

Run decent anti-virus software and keep it up to date.

Keep your OS and important programs such as flash player up to date.

Pick a decent password. If you reuse them, at least try to use several different ones.

Make sure you know what links you're clicking on.

People lose their accounts because they do stupid stuff like having incredibly obvious passwords or otherwise have no idea what they're doing when it comes to security. In my many years of using the internet I've never had a single account compromised, and because of the steps I take like using different emails/usernames/password, the damage would be greatly limited even if it were.

And downloading stuff like keyloggers, thats also very popular way.

The one thing I like with steam is SteamGuard when you log in with "unusual" PC it says that you have received some CODE and you have to write that code to steam to be able pass. So if you have pass and username of someone's steam acc you still have to be able to get inside someone's email. And thats a good thing, except if hacker hacks your mail first.

Archived