Do You Use Your Own Tactics?

Create my own but received a shed-load of help from posts on these forums. You can always pick up great bits of advice if you keep your eyes peeled! I don't think that I'll ever stop teaking them tho'. Cheers to all that contribute good tactical ideas and not just 'one sixze fits all!' tactics- much more useful to build your own tactics and tactical understanding to complement this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suttface:

Create my own but received a shed-load of help from posts on these forums. You can always pick up great bits of advice if you keep your eyes peeled! I don't think that I'll ever stop teaking them tho'. Cheers to all that contribute good tactical ideas and not just 'one sixze fits all!' tactics- much more useful to build your own tactics and tactical understanding to complement this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took a lot of my advice from an article by Louis Van Gaal. I think I based a good deal of my tactic on his AZ style of a few years ago.

I create my own too. I feel that is the best way for me to learn the game. Trial and error! But I am getting better icon14.gif

Personally I think that it wouldn't be the same feeling to achieve something with someone else's tactic.

I always create my own. Not always very good ones, but like others here I much prefer to do it that way and learn. If I use someone else's tactics I might as well let that someone else play the whole game for me and have done with it!

Use my own. And never use anything 'normal'

Started off using 5-2-1-2 ie 3 at the back, wingbacks, 2 mids an AMC and 2 strikers.

Found it wasn't going great and adapted to new players I got. Now using 4-5-1 with a DMC and wingers. Just need a class centre forward to round it all off..

I religiously used to make my own fresh tactics every new game I started. After really struggling with many teams, I downloaded a pack of tactics which I make minor tweaks to depending on which team I am.

Pre-patch this game was tactically very hard, and since patching I haven't had the need to make my own tactics.

I'm going to stick my neck out.

I see no shame in downloading my own ones. I'm useless at making them though on FM07 I had a decent one for Espanyol.

I use 'The Bomb' 4-1-2-1-2 Tactic.. Can't remember who it is from but is very good.

I tend to work with tactics I've created myself for the most part, but also like to have a good look at what's around with each release. Nothing like expanding one's knowledge and understanding. icon14.gif

There are some very interesting and dare I say, unusual tactics & formations floating around T&TT at the moment.

There's also some excellent threads to help people understand how to work with setting up tactics in FM08. I think as the game gets more detailed, the more casual users are perhaps struggling to create their own. Cheating or not, being able to download tactics is very useful.

I've uploaded some tactics to T&TT recently, but made people aware that they will obviously need to be tweeked to suit the users own players & level of play. I think that people generally need to read some of the discussions that explain how to implement tactics first, rather than just download one & hope for the best.

The best threads in T&TT at the moment are by wwfan and zagallo - so read what they suggest if you're struggling to understand how some of the settings work.

I Create My Own Tatics. I Feel It Makes My Game More Enjoyable If I Use My Own Tatics And I Like My Teams Playing My Kind Of Football. Personally I Like An Arsenal Type Tatic Passing Through Defences But Dont Mind To Win By Playing Long Ball.

What Your Type Of Style. Neat Or Ugly?

making and tweaking your own tactics is part of the FM managerial experience, i didnt think many people would download other peoples tactics

i would have thought FM has advanced enough that tactics need to be taylored to each team/squad.

*please forgive my speeeeling.

I won't lie - I use both mine (rubbish) and downloaded tactics from the T&TF.

Both with similar results, ie rubbish.

But I'm rubbish anyway and until I get my virtual coaching badges (should take till about FM2023 at the current rate) I'll continue to do as I want, when I want.

Seeing as it's my game and all....

I only look at other people tactics but never used any other than my owns. Since the game varies from patch to patch, there's no best bible tactics.

If your team cannot perform under your tactics, you should temporarily use downloaded tactics but you also need to learn from those and eventually step up and make you owns.

It'd be funny if a manager needs to ask assistant for tactics or get online and ask other managers.

I always use my own tactics, develop new ones for each team I'm playing as because the old ones never quite fit the players I have. Then they evolve a bit into something that works, would never download tactics. Wheres the fun in that and its not like they would fit the special set of attributes of a newly promoted Portuguese 2nd division team anyway for example. Very often they're quite creative unbalanced formations to try and get the best of the mediocre/bad players I have icon_smile.gif

I've never downloaded a tactic, but when I do my own, I pay attention to what others are saying about solving certain tactical problems. Hey, coaches IRL go to seminars, courses and conventions.

That's what we need - an FM Managers' Convention!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It'd be funny if a manager needs to ask assistant for tactics... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assistants make tactical suggestions all the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I've never downloaded a tactic, but when I do my own, I pay attention to what others are saying about solving certain tactical problems. Hey, coaches IRL go to seminars, courses and conventions.

That's what we need - an FM Managers' Convention! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. What I've never got about the LLM clique...the players you 'know about' in the game are those you're meant to be realistically able to 'know about' in real life....why this thing for having your scouts find them, as if you've never seen a player in your life? icon_confused.gif

Back to the point...don't download tactics...work at your own, but don't be shy about taking advice. Granted, not that I ever have...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I always create my own.

Even change things around at the start of every match - tempo, mentality, passing style, defensive line, time wasting - depending on the opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty much what I do. I rarely touch my formation unless the opposition is either extremely better or worse than my team. A tweak of the tempo, mentality etc. is usually all I do. I also adjust the opposition instructions to clamp down on the danger man, tackle unfit players hard and show onto weaker foot for the strikers and wingmen.

I currently use Kimz tactic in the T&T forum. I made an attempt at creating my own, but I'm useless and It ends up going against me than anything.

So I downloaded Kimz, and make tweaks when I need to go defensive. Been working great for me.

I've now become pretty adept at making my own tactics and have made a very, very successful one for FM08.

It wasn't always this way however, back when FM07 was released I downloaded Minimal_Fuss' excellent tactic and used that as a base. I then read a lot of excellent advice in the T&TT forum and adapted the tactic I'd downloaded. I then used my newly gathered knowledge to start making tactics of my own (not all were successful but that's half the fun).

So I see nothing wrong with using other peoples tactics, particularly if it's to help you learn how to improve the tactics side of your own game. It worked wonders for me and I now seem to be able to create good tactics just by sticking to a few specific things that I picked up while reading, experimenting and learning.

I used to use my own tactics and will probably revert back to them after the current season I am playing with Barca. Madrid havent been beaten in 50+ games and I need some help in being more consistent so I borrowed a tactic someone uploaded. I owe the fans a successful season and I am prepared to get help from a guru to do that.

I see no point of downloading them.

I make my own tactics and I allways use formations that are used by AI also, with arrows/barrows and sarrows that are used by AI also icon_smile.gif try to keep my tactics as much as IRE.

there are plenty of cheat tactics like this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Benarbia/untitled2.jpg in tactical forum. wtf??

AI's my tactical guru and it gives me most ideas I then try to use. I've seen some really masterpiece tactics by AI.

I'm doing a little of my own "testing" with some of the more outlandish tactics that are on the T&TT forum at the minute Mitja.

I find it hard to contemplate how such unusual formations and settings work effectively, but had to look myself. Even some of the team and player instructions seem to defy logic.

I think it's possible that more people are noticing the "weakness" of the AI defenders when marking a solo striker, plus certain weakness to runs with the use of barrows, farrow, sarrows, etc - I'm looking to see if there are further exploits that people have stumbled across. I for one don't want to think there's another DIABLO around the corner, though there's a great deal more to FM08 to make it more difficult, though not necessarily impossible.

The problem for me with DIABLO was always the temptation factor. I knew it was there and always found it difficult to resist if my team wasn't doing very well. I think the series is better without such an exploit tactic.

The most "known" exploit in FM08 is obviously the situation with corners. I'm hoping it will be fixed for FM09.

From what I've seen so far though, some of these tactics are certainly throwing some "interesting" things in the match engine, which is as far as I'll go at the moment.

Archived