Something id like to see in a future FM release

Ability to tell chairman im leaving at end of season or next  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Ability to tell chairman im leaving at end of season or next

• Yes
    • No
    • undecided

As Pep Guardiola has done this season with Barcelona and im sure others managers too at some point, id like to be able to say to the club (chairman) that i plan on leaving at the end of the season or the season after. To me it would be a good thing to have, but thats just me.

Gets a :thup: from me, could also result in additional pressure on other managers with Pep style rumours, 'Manager A is under pressure as his chairman is reported to be trying to sign manager B who has already decided to leave [his club] when his contract runs out/in the summer'

I'm sure it'd be a nice little feature for realism purposes, but I struggle to see why you'd ever need to do that.

I was looking to leave my current club but ended up with a 3 year contract extension on the same wage after holidaying for a fortnight so it would have been nice to have the option to tell my chairmen not to bother.

It could also be used to try & scare your chairmen into giving you a nice new contract at a much higher wage, say you're considering resigning in the summer & have him come back with extra money for you & promises for improving the club.

As Pep Guardiola has done this season with Barcelona and im sure others managers too at some point, id like to be able to say to the club (chairman) that i plan on leaving at the end of the season or the season after. To me it would be a good thing to have, but thats just me.

I like this idea. It would be nice if it would be implemented in FM 2013.

yeah I like the idea and i'd actually expanyd it a little...... you could make it so that you can declare your intention to leave and X point in time and from then on you might get the odd chairman from other teams offer you future jobs because they know your free.. or news articles from clubs daclaring interest in you takign over at the end of the season stuff like that you could also include financial numbers..

EG ... manager Smith has declared he is leaving liverpool at the end of the season ... bob jones director of Juventus has stated in the press that he would give manager smith a 40m warchest if he signed as juve manager... etc etc

Archived