Manager reputation - Has it been fixed?

Hey

I remember reading that this was broken in earlier builds of the game. Has it been fixed?

To provide some context for my problem: I started a new game with Sogndal in the Norwegian top division and chose sunday league as past experience. The club start with a budget of around £17k and a wage budget at £18k pr week with most of it used already. The club is in a bit of a pickle, losing alot of money paying back a loan, and predicted to finish dead last at 16th. The squad is not so bad though, with some good talents, and after signing some key players on free I was able to get a decent team together.

It started much better than expected and we were in the top half of the table in the summer break, then went on a fantastic run and through lots of great wins and lots of luck we ended the season top of the league in the last game. Exited the Cup in the semi finals, which was a good achievement as well. My status is untouchable.

The 2nd season started well with three straight wins, then, after wasting an awful lot of chances at home against a relegation candidate and conceding a late goal to make it 2-2, my players all of a sudden got abysmal to very poor to poor morale. I lose another game, then win one, then go on a 3 game run of not winning. My whole team seems depressed and "without confidence". Before the last game I had a teem meeting where 20 players got a good reaction and 1 got a bad (although he was injured and on the only one with better than poor morale).

Fair enough, this happens to teams occasionally and I might be able to turn in around in time. Problem is no matter what I say player either react badly or doesn't react. I also noticed that every player in my team has "... is struggling to find motivation to play when his manager has such a low reputation in the game" - this also includes local lads that was part of the league winning side. I didn't pay any attention to it the first season because I figured it would go away after the season ended. But it's still there..

My reputation is now National, around 70% of the bar filled.

Will this go away eventually? To be honest I don't think any player would be skeptical of a manager that has just won the league with a team that is expected to be certain for relegation.

It is still there in 12.2.2

I don't think it will be fixed, to be honest. It is strange that winning the league didn't raise your reputation high enough to be respected in your club - that's normally what it takes to be recognized.

Archived