Football Manager Firsts

I don't know about you guys, but I've been playing this game since 00/01, so it's very rare nowadays that i'll do something for the first time. Recently though I signed a Kazakhstani striker, and I'm pretty sure that this marks the first time I've ever managed a Kazakhstani player.

I'm wondering if any of you have been playing FM recently and thought "that's a first".

I became a club legend for the first time ever in FM in my latest save. :)

Same here rancer, of all the versions I've played I don't remember becoming a legend before, maybe I never played at one team long enough. ;)

One of my players just scored a double hat-trick in a competitive game, it finished 7-0. First time I've ever seen one of my players score a double hat-trick :D

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me! I looked up the achievement on Steam and more people have that achievement then 10 clean sheets in a row, or 5 manager of the year awards.

A couple of days ago I rejected my player's request of a new contract for the first time! I offered him a new contract at first of course like I always do, but when the initial request ask for double salary, signing fee, appearance fee while he still has 3 years left on his contract I got pissed and just walk away xD. I was ready to sell him if he didn't back down... Now that I know I can make players to back down from their new contract requests I'll do it often... all heck will break loose in my team!!!

Just won the Champions League(well a couple of weeks ago) for the first time in ages with my Atletico Roma team where is started in Serie C and took me till 2033 to do so(was probably FM08 I did it before lol?)

Then because my job was complete, Vilanova retired and the Barcelona job became available for the first time in my save(since 2 years in when Guardiola went to spain and he replaced him), and they had their worst ever season (finished 4th) so it was all perfect timing and too good to turn down... So last night I was finishing that season, where I managed in my first season to win the league and also to win the Champions league again! But with a completely different team/players/formation.

Don't think I will ever do that again!

I was sacked for the first time, since playing Championship Manager 93.....not sure if that made me happy or sad though!
I'm pretty sure most people have been sacked. Happened me in one save and I really loved going back to my old club and beating them with my new club :D

Not just now but in my second season in my career (currently in fifth season), I signed a player from Mozambique(half English and from Leyton Orient. Potential to be a leading premiership centre-midfielder). In my other career, in my first season(currently just about to start third season), I went the league campaign unbeaten. A third one is in my second season of my second career, I had to use a sub keeper for the first ever time, as my starting Keeper was sent off for Handball.

Been playing FM/CM for over ten years and this news item represents two firsts for me. A new stadium and it being named after me.

DavidOwensNews_Inbox-31.png

I hate City.... But have to admit that is a great achievement well done!!!!! What's your record then???

First time for me but done by others quite a bit, I had a newgen come through the Crewe academy and play for my side in League Two, League One, Championship and Premiership. I then signed him for Real Madrid once I left my side.

I hate City.... But have to admit that is a great achievement well done!!!!! What's your record then???

Thanks, not a fan of them irl myself either but when approached by them in the game couldn't resist the temptation of all their money as I'm usually slogging it out in the SPL with Celtic.

Am in my 7th season atm and have won 6 Prem titles in a row, 1 Champions league, 1 European super cup, 1 Club world championship, 3 FA cups, 5 Community shields and 3 league cups.

In my current save, managed outside of Europa and the Americas for the first time. It was surprisingly fun, and also watching what happened to my star players after I left the clubs was interesting. Most of my Orlando Pirates side went on to have very successful careers in Europe, including my young striker who I later bought as a 31 year old when I joined Barcelona over 10 years later.

I also managed to win the Club World Championship while managing FC Seoul in South Korea. I'm hoping to complete the Continental Domination challenge for the first time; win all 5 continental competitions. Just Europe left to do, which I'm trying to do with Hull after failing at Barcelona.

In my current save, managed outside of Europa and the Americas for the first time. It was surprisingly fun, and also watching what happened to my star players after I left the clubs was interesting. Most of my Orlando Pirates side went on to have very successful careers in Europe, including my young striker who I later bought as a 31 year old when I joined Barcelona over 10 years later.

I also managed to win the Club World Championship while managing FC Seoul in South Korea. I'm hoping to complete the Continental Domination challenge for the first time; win all 5 continental competitions. Just Europe left to do, which I'm trying to do with Hull after failing at Barcelona.

Good luck dude, I am some way behind you with only Oceanic and European done.

I was offered the Brazil job! Since I usually play as a manager with Dual Argie/Italian nationality (despite me being a Saffer) its never happened before.

I was already managing Italy though, and didn't take it :(

I play two managers simultaneously, so I guess I was hoping they would offer the Brazil job to my 2nd manager, who isn't in charge of a national team, so I could manage Italy and Brazil both! :)

Well done mate winning the CWC with an Asian team. I did the same with Chinese club Henan Jianye. It's up there with any achievement for me in FM, along with being a club legend, winning UEFA Champions League, and having a son. :thup:

Gillingham are Building the 'Palmer Stadium' named after me. It will open in June 2028. My first spell at the club lasted 11 years and saw us reach the dizzy heights of the premier league, although my only trophy in that period was the championship title. I left for new york, but couldn't stand the draft system so left them for fiorentina where I won the Italian cup before getting bored. I quit and decided to see if I could repeat my success at Gillingham and joined Conference premier team Welling.

It was just after I got the Welling Job that Gillingham announce plans for the Palmer Stadium and I was delightedm but gutted I wouldn't be able to manage the Gills in the stadium named after me. However the Gills manager left to manage his national team so after just seven months at Welling I jumped ship and went 'home'

I still have another year until the stadium is finished, but can't wait to play there!

I just went 14 games without conceding a goal. Lost 4-0 in the cup. Then went another 10 games without conceding.

I'm managing Real Madrid, so it's kinda easy and signing players on 48 month transfer deals so it feels a bit dirty. I just want some steamy achievements!

In my current save (only third season), I managed a few 'firsts'

Won the SPL with Hearts in first season - as this is my team I always have a save but never manage to break the Old Firm hold on Scottish Football. Thats usually why I accept a job elsewhere when teams come in!

In the same season as above I won the treble...that is the first time in any domestic save I have won all trophies on offer - may not sound a big deal to some, trust me...try starting a save with Hearts and you'll see how hard it is...especially with losing almost a million a month!

Same save again - every game I have played over the years the club have never expanded the stadium (rightly as in real life we can't due to restrictions), but managed to get them to add 3,000 seats.

First time for me but done by others quite a bit, I had a newgen come through the Crewe academy and play for my side in League Two, League One, Championship and Premiership. I then signed him for Real Madrid once I left my side.

i like this, hope to do it myself one day

Archived