Why can't I comment on opposing manager after the match?

Just had a match against Inter as Hull City where their manager made a pre match comment to the press about how I must be dreaming if I thought we could win the game. We won 2-1 and obviously now I want to rub it in a bit. Problem is when I try to make a post match comment on him, every option is grayed out.. and there's no comment at all (gray or otherwise), regarding the actual match :confused:

I remember being able to make post match comments on opposition managers/teams at some point in the past.. so whats going on? Any ideas??

I don't know why this was removed from the game. You should be able to goad as much as you want to over a victory.

It annoys me to no end that I can't. But since FM10, I think, you can't goad.

It's stupid really, but the only reason I can think of is to simplify the press conferences.

It's your tactics.

No but really, the opposing manager comments really annoy me. I can barely ever say what I want to say. Half the options are constantly greyed out. I get a comment from a manager yet when I go to reply there is literally NOTHING I can say that even remotely replies directly. Instead I just get a bunch of crap things to say that are in no way related...

Yea I know exactly what you mean mate.. I go to respond to him having a go at my teams chances and all I can do is maybe criticize his decision to let his 39 year old reserve team keeper go on a free. Makes sense. The whole area of interacting with other managers needs a lot of work in my opinion.. remember Keegan/Ferguson in 96 or whatever it was? I guess thats the kinda thing they were trying to implement but.. I dunno.. all just seems sterile and irrelevant.

The manager comments have been poorly implemented for years. I am still playing FM08, and most of the times when an opposing manager makes a comment about me, only about half the options are available, and almost never the one I would have liked to say. After games it is even worse, and most of the times there's only one reply available to select.

As g00n says, for some reason it's always been this way. I still haven't figured out if the "mind game" comments are ever available, for example; I've never seen them anything but greyed out - this after 7 years of playing the game (FM2006 and FM 2011). When I asked when they were available, no one could answer the question.

That's probably why you didn't get any replies - no one knows whether it's working as designed (and the design is simply borked), or whether the feature is bugged.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This is really annoying. I don't know why the option is even there if everything is greyed out. It's just there to tease you.

I experience the same with the "warn player about talking to media about transfer" button. Years of play without ever being able to use the option.

so, on this site you are only allowed to prise and compliment SI, never criticise? man, is this a North Korea? or Iran? or what?

you are not allowed to have an opinion? what is going on?

so, on this site you are only allowed to prise and compliment SI, never criticise? man, is this a North Korea? or Iran? or what?

you are not allowed to have an opinion? what is going on?

That's correct.

Below are the posts that had me receive infractions:

It's an issue we're aware of, thanks for taking the time to bring it up.

Don't patronize me.

You won't have anyone help test your game if your going to be a smartarse.

The new game is here, they don't care anymore.

They still expect you to test their new game for free though.

Yet another reason not to buy the latest version of Fm. It will be riddled with errors and crash dumps.

I'll probably get another one now....

agree, i´d even say it would be outragious. i would expect that sort of thing in China or Saudi Arabia, or Iran, but not here. unless you intimidate or insult somebody, which you obviously didnt.

well, i am not a one to be scared by bullying moderator. this is a forum and unless you offend or insult, you should be able to present your point of view. that goes for critics to.

"The next time I see anyone refer to SI being lazy or incompetent I'm giving them a couple of weeks off from the forums. ", i would strongly suggest that wwfan gives himself couple of weeks of in order to get his stuff together.

there is no place on the forums for terrorising threats.

There was a FM that had these features. I think it was FM08 or 09. As Rangers I could use mind games vs Aberdeen and Celtic, but no other clubs. So rivals allowed this feature to occur but I haven't seen it work since. It seems to have gotten worse, there is simply nothing to say in response besides "Yeah I get along with him", "He's one of the nicest people in football", etc.

I also don't understand whenever I make a comment the journalist asks me what I think of the manager. Every time!

In FM12 the comment whether you disliked/liked the manager was the story headline 90% of the time.

By adding so many features, I think SI need to improve the current ones, and/or actually make them work.

Archived