will this laptop cut the mustard?

hey all!

i had a bit of an accident the other day which unfortunately took the life of my laptop :( !! its taken all my music and uni work i have worked tirelessly to collect, (i had back up of the uni work so no biggy) but most upsettingly it took my fm games :(

anywho i have around £450-£500 to replace it, ive had a bit of a snoop around and this is the best i can find

http://www.tesco.com/direct/acer-5750-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-500gb-156-display-red/215-3072.prd

core i5

8gb

500gb

i thought the high ram seemed pretty good value, and i feel 500gb hard drive will be ok as i have an external hd for bulky stuff

what i need to know is there any other specs i should look at? will this run the game well? are there any better alternatives within my budget??

many thanks

Does it just have a basic graphics card? It's similar spec to mine, only mine has a dedicated graphics card. Also, I may be wrong but I think FM can't make use of 8GB of RAM right now? Because it's not 64-bit? I'm sure I heard that somewhere. The laptop will still benefit from the 8GB, though.

Everything will run well, except the 3D match views. You really need a dedicated graphics card to show those. I have a similar laptop now, and I can play the game while watching a movie, and/or working in Excel without the computer stalling.

Like Overmars said, a dedicated graphics card would be best. The one that laptop has is just a basic integrated one. Any 'gaming' laptops come with dedicated cards like a Nvidia or ATI Radeon. I've no experience with integrated cards running this version of FM. In terms of processing power that laptop will be fine, it just may have trouble running the 3D match view. You can always still watch it using the top-down view.

This would be better

http://www.dabs.com/products/samsung-305e-amd-a6-3420-6gb-750gb-w7h64bit--17-3--82H5.html?refs=15-54950000&src=3

It is a quad core processor and it's only 1.6ghz, but it can overclock to 2.4ghz - if the laptop is kept cool enough.

Should be fine for FM. And it also has a dedicated graphics card, it's the not the best graphics card in the world, but it's fine for FM.

If you want to play other games or more graphic intense games, or if you need to have loads of FM leagues running, then I suggest you save for another little while.

Archived