Yann M'villa - Transfer listed, Asking price. Rejected.

Im man united and in my 3rd season now, i put in a 20 mil bid for M'Villa which was rejected but straight away he went unhappy so i declared interest in him and he got transfer listed with a asking price of 22 million So far i have went all the way up to 27 mil with 15% profit of sell on value, if i do non negotiable they straight reject and if i do negotiable they want 34 mil. anybody else had this problem?

Just signed him for my Juventus team for £29.5m. He was transfer listed and I offered what they were asking and it was accepted without problems.

I have had issues with the kinda thing you have mentioned with other clubs though, I think it's perhaps something to do with your club status, because you are Utd they probably feel they can squeeze more money out of you.

What exactly is your problem? A club isn't required to agree to all offers of their asking price....

Obviously they're not required, but what is the point of the asking price then? Surely it's the price that the club are asking for, which they should accept.

Just means the club dont wish to sell him, unless it is a great offer as it was the player who wanted to be listed.

I think the issue is that an asking price has been set. If they do not wish to sell him then he shouldn't have an asking price, it should either be 'unspecified' or stupidly high imo.

The player has made it clear he wants the move and the club has set an asking price. There shouldn't be an issue here.

It defeats the purpose of having an asking price if a club is going to disregard it. If the club thinks that it can get more, then it should increase it then.

Archived