Ridiculous salary limitations - what's going on?

351u43b.jpg

The above screenshot says it all - I've just been promoted to League One and I've used the slider to reduce my transfer budget to the minimum and max out my wage bill - there are plenty of great players available on frees. I'm more than 2k under my wage budget, and most of my players are on wages of 2-3k (my two highest earners earn 4.1k/week). So why am I being limited to such a pathetic wage offer? Anyone had this problem before? :confused:

Oh stop complaining. :) Im in the championship and my wage budget is half of yours. I have to play against teams with players that have wages higher than my whole wage budget. Half of my teams contracts expire at the end of the year and im going to be forced to sell most of my squad during the winter break. I cant even offer them lower contracts because the board is blocking it. Its so much pressure i had to stop playing for a while :).

Anyway...as others have said. Give them a key player status. Its a crappy workaround but thats the only thing you can do.

Had similar problems when i had 3k available and could offer no more than £500 per player. Had to offer out big appearance bonus'.

On a side note, some players wage demands are ridiculous, i have downloaded russian regional divisions, and some players with no more than 50 CA want massive increase in wages, i have to make whole sale changes every season. the worst is making the transition from amateur to professional, some players wanted increases of £150pw to £3000+pw.

the worst is making the transition from amateur to professional, some players wanted increases of £150pw to £3000+pw.

I don't see too much wrong with that, maybe it is a little high. But these guys are part-time footballers, probably have other small jobs to top up their income.

Suddenly the club turns Pro and thus so do the players. They now want paid as pros who play football for a living.

Could that be the case?

So....can you confirm your current wage budget and what you are currently paying in wages as that is likely causeing the restriction in addition to any contract offers you have pending.

In essence this is the boards way of ensuring you dont run the club into debt so should be admired to be honest :)

The amount you can offer for a given squad status seems to be affected by your current budget, your outstanding salary offers (including people that you have offered a contract but have not yet accepted it), as well as your bank balance to some degree. Given that you are on July 2, my best guess would be that you have a bunch of other offers out that have not yet been decided on.

There's an underlying problem with this that I've raised in the bugs section:

I had a 35 year-old player that was making $125,000/year as a backup. I decided to renew his contract (I wanted to see what he'd look like as a coach) and his initial demands were $99,000/year as a backup. My board only allows for $62,000 and under for backup players, however, so I decided to change the status to rotation. Result? He now wanted $140,000/year. Had to let him go.

Players need to be aware of the salary limitations that are tied to each type of squad status and adjust their demands accordingly.

Should also mention that this was in MLS, where the wage budget is determined by the salary cap, and I had no other outstanding contract offers at the time.

Archived