what happens when a player reaches his max CA?

I was curious what happens when a player reaches his max ability. For example if a player is at 150CA out of 150PA.

Will they be able to learn new special moves in training?

Will their attributes just remain the same for the peak years of their careers before age takes its toll?

On a different point, I am curious about mentoring. Is it worth bringing in a old pro like Rivaldo (39) just to mentor young 15yr old kids? Does this work in FM 2012?

I was curious what happens when a player reaches his max ability. For example if a player is at 150CA out of 150PA.

Will they be able to learn new special moves in training?

Will their attributes just remain the same for the peak years of their careers before age takes its toll?

On a different point, I am curious about mentoring. Is it worth bringing in a old pro like Rivaldo (39) just to mentor young 15yr old kids? Does this work in FM 2012?

1) Yes

2) No, you can re-adjust them in training, and of course his CA will probably still fluctuate a bit anyway.

3) Yes, it does work.

It's not really worth bringing in 39 year olds to tutor (with possible exception of perhaps goalkeepers). Thing is, for them to still be eligible for tutoring players, they've got to still be a fair bit better in CA than the one they'll tutor, if they're degenerating rapidly, well, sure, you might be able to get a fresh sixteen year old tutored, but is it worth the wage?.

It's not really worth bringing in 39 year olds to tutor (with possible exception of perhaps goalkeepers). Thing is, for them to still be eligible for tutoring players, they've got to still be a fair bit better in CA than the one they'll tutor, if they're degenerating rapidly, well, sure, you might be able to get a fresh sixteen year old tutored, but is it worth the wage?.

I thought the mentoring was based on the reputation, for example a 39 rivaldo still has a decent world wide rep, and I was thinking of bringing someone like him to mentor a young 15yr old I have just got labelled the new michael owen. I didn't realise it was based on their CA, is this proven?

it's mostly based on reputation afaik, but reputation to me seems to be linked to CA a bit - but would you have a player tutor someone who was worse than the player they're tutoring? Sure, they're still likely to be better, but I'd just personally not go as far as bringing in a 39 year old for it. I might be tempted by a 30-32 year old if I have no viable tutor at all, and that player would at least provide squad cover. Trouble is, past a certain age the degeneration is so fast, that all they can do is tutor extreme-youngsters, not half-developed players and there's no guarantee the tutoring'll even work.

Archived