Moving Clubs in a career game ?

I started a career game with Deportivo La Coruna in Spain and despite winning the Segunda in the 1st season and finishing mid-table in La Liga in season 2, I have still had no bigger clubs trying to poach me. I am in season 3 and have Deportivo in 7th place in La Liga, how do I get other teams interested in me ?

What did you set your starting reputation as? You've achieved quite a lot in the first two years for someone that has never managed or coached before and the game struggles to increase your reputation quickly enough. It's unlikely any clubs in La Liga are going to offer you a job unless you started as an ex international, or wait a few more years for your managerial reputation to catch up with you.

It also depends a lot on nationality. In my current save I have taken a second tier side to 4th place in the Belarussian Highest League, but I don't even get linked with any of the bigger Belarussian clubs, while a load of Belarussian managers with much lower reputation than me get linked with and take the job ahead of me. However, when I applied for one job, they said they were flattered but couldn't afford the compensation to buy me out of my current contract, so I think the game (annoyingly) assumes that you aren't bothered about managing in countries other than your home country, even if you're already managing outside it.

I started a career game with Deportivo La Coruna in Spain and despite winning the Segunda in the 1st season and finishing mid-table in La Liga in season 2, I have still had no bigger clubs trying to poach me. I am in season 3 and have Deportivo in 7th place in La Liga, how do I get other teams interested in me ?

Although this probably won't help (and it actually doesn't answer your question), I think you should forget all that and stay where you are.

I wish I could get a team promoted in the first season and then establish them in the top flight. It might seem unlikely, but how epic would it be to steer Depor into Europe and maybe even to a European or (you never know) a League title?

you'd be fighting the big clubs off by then.

Every time I am offered an extension, I delay until the end of the season just for this reason. Also, if/when I do sign an extension, I refuse to sign for longer than one year so as not to discourage offers from competitors. Even if I do ultimately remain loyal, I enjoy the ego boost from receiving other offers.

Archived