Is there anyway to hide the pitch when choosing your team?

Title says it all really. Is there any way to hid the pitch with your players on it (on the right of the screen) when picking your team before a match a la FM2008 and others? I like to filter by position to pick my team and the pitch takes up far too much space! When I filter, only the players name and whether they've been picked is shown. I like to see the condition too but when I adjust it so that I can see the condition I can only then see either the players names OR whether they've been picked and I need to see both :/

In FM2008 (last version I played) you could hide the pitch ('hide tactics') which enabled me to do this, but I can't find a way to do this on FM2012 and it is getting incredibly annoying doing the following:

1. Select filter

2. Choose position I'm looking for (GK, DR, DL, etc.)

3. De-select filter

4. Choose player

5. Re-select filter

6. Choose position...and so on.

When ideally all I'd have to do is change the position I'm filtering by :/

Does anyone know if there's a way around this?

Never thought of that! Works wonders though, cheers :)

EDIT: Another question though - Is there anyway to save the back-up tactics so that they don't keep the players in a set position? i.e. I'm playing 4-4-2 with the 2 CM's being a DM/MC and a MC/R. My right winger is AMRC. When I change from 4-4-2 to 4-4-2 Diamond my MC/R moves to the AM position when what I'd want is for him to switch with my right winger. Anyone able to help me here?

No Problem.

For the position changing, the only way I could think of doing it is starting with your original tactic, and move the players where you want and then make the changes of the tactic you want. This should mean the players go where you want them instead of moving as per the tactics.

Archived