Can't explain my poor start

Last season (2014) I managed to get my side (Leeds) into 6th place in the Prem. In close season I strengthened my squad with a couple of good signings and was expecting a good season -dreaming of pushing for Champs League. My player reports were good and all the players had maintained their statuses or improved. First game was Liverpool away and the "media guy" said close game predicted 0-0 - I lost 3-2 but it was nip and tuck. Next game I had newly promoted Birmingham away - it was like a switch had gone off in the game - media guy said " I had no chance and Birmingham would win comfortably- I was surprised as Birmingham were a much weaker side than me - I managed to scrape a 1-1 draw - it seems media guy had inside info that I didn't have. Next game was Wolves at home (Wolves were bottom of the league without a win). Surprise again when media guy said I had no chance again - I was baffled - Wolves had played 3 lost 3 and I was a previous season 6th place side from last season with what I though were 2 good signings. My team talk options were - "we are the underdog here blah blah" - I was baffled it was like I was playing Barca or something. On paper Wolves were crap and their morale was shot to pieces. Sure enough again media guy had the inside track and I was 4-0 down by half time - i ended up losing 6-1 at home. Next game was Peterborough - again media guy said no chance and that we were underdogs - sure enough I lost 4-0. I looked at the Peterborough side and there wouldn't be one player who could get into my Leeds side.

It is like a switch has gone off in the AI - from being fancied to draw at Liverpool - I have descended to being massive underdogs against Peterborough. I know my players are better than the teams I've played against. Anybody else had this experience and what do I do now!!! Is the AI pushing me to resign? Team don't fall apart like this. It is obviously something in the program - for media guy to be predicting my demise just makes me think it is a concocted bad run and has nothing to do with the quality or morale or status of my players. Advice needed!!

Seems more like you lost reputation somehow, rather than this was a form-related issue. Did you sell some well-paid players during the summer, replacing them with unknown players?

The subsequent loss of form was extreme, but I suspect poor management here, to be honest. Were you harsh to the players after the poor Birmingham match? What did you say before the Wolves match? Poor morale and too much pressure could do what you described.

I had that with Leeds in my third season with them in the premiership . We lost all 8 of our opening matches in the league . Then somehow won the next match 4-0 against Man City and went on a 26 match winning run in all competitions and finished the season in 6th winning the League cup and FA cup along the way .

No idea what changed and since then i won the League Cup again the following season and since then never won another cup match including Europa and Champions league matches

Sometimes this game to me seems totally random especially when a 3 star poacher Leigh Griffiths scores 40 golas every season for me and a four and a half star poacher playing up front with him Alberto Paloshi struggles to score 15 to 20 goals a season

I had that with Leeds in my third season with them in the premiership . We lost all 8 of our opening matches in the league . Then somehow won the next match 4-0 against Man City and went on a 26 match winning run in all competitions and finished the season in 6th winning the League cup and FA cup along the way .

No idea what changed and since then i won the League Cup again the following season and since then never won another cup match including Europa and Champions league matches

Sometimes this game to me seems totally random especially when a 3 star poacher Leigh Griffiths scores 40 golas every season for me and a four and a half star poacher playing up front with him Alberto Paloshi struggles to score 15 to 20 goals a season

You were in poor form, City underestimated you so you got lucky, and then you were in good form. The game is random in a sort of predetermined way when you don't anticipate the changes in morale and confidence that waxes and wanes throughout the season, and try to counteract those trends.

Leigh Griffiths has all the right attributes to score lots of goals. It is the distribution that is important, not the star rating. Paloschi can be a 40 goal per season striker, but only if you get him the first season and let him play a lot, plus distribute his CA points correctly. I have seen him very mediocre, and since Griffiths has three stars with you, four and a half isn't that impressive.

I have it with Birmingham now,finished 7th the season before and qualifyed for europa league,have only brought 2 players and released a couple but am bottom of the league after 4 games with no points but managed to win my europa games to qualify for group stage,strange really

Tell them the pressure if off?

Other day, I lost a relegation six pointer 4-1 with QPR, next game was against 4th place Everton, told the team the pressure was off. 2-0 up at halftime and won 5-1. (Dudley Campbell got 4 goals :D).

Best of luck getting out of trouble.

Archived