Signing underage players - FM vs. real-life

We all know that it is impossible to sign U-18 players except if the transfer is being conducted within the country or within the EU. However, there is a number of ways to go around that rule such as moving players together with their parents by offering jobs to their parents in the club or a sponsor company and so on.

However, I have seen a number of transfers being conducted across Europe where they have signed 16 and 17-year-olds from abroad without moving their parents (for example NK Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia signing a number of Bosnian youngsters for their academy - even the fact that some of them have both Bosnian and Croatian passport doesn't change much according to FIFA rules). How did they manage that is still unclear to me.

Also, I have seen a number of clubs signing players and then loaning them back to their original clubs or some other clubs. How is this regulated and possible? Did they only arrange a future transfer or they really bought a player and loaned him back since such players join them for summer camps so their development could be tracked by their coaches?

Is it going to be possible to "move parents" in the future editions of FM? It could be simulated by giving those talented foreign youngsters high signing-on fees or special moving bonus (for example £50.000 pounds and higher) or something along those lines but such players would be harder to acquire (team reputation and money offered would be more important in that case).

Under-18 is only for non-European transfers.

In Europe such transfers can be done from age 16 onwards IIRC...

In FM there's no way around that rule, at least without FMRTE ;) But in fairness we'd end up abusing the "moving bonus"... I'm quite sure in real life it's not that common, unless the player is really really worth the effort [and the shady paperwork to find him EU ancestors ;)]

Are you sure about that?

AFAIK, an English club can sign a U-18 player from Germany regardless of his nationality since he is already playing in the EU. So both a German player (EU national) as well as a Turkish one (non-EU national) can move to England from Germany.

However, an English club cannot sign a player outside the EU regardless of his nationality (Turkish from Turkey or German from Turkey).

The location of the player is relevant, not his nationality AFAIK.

I believe the location is important, in that a Turk playing in Germany can be signed by an EU club, but I am fairly sure that EU nationals can be signed by an EU nation regardless of whether they reside in the EU, at least if they are part of the Economic Zone (though I may be confusing this with how work permits are handled in the game)

That is not possible in the game and AFAIK is in accordance with the current rules.

Brazillians and Argentinians with Italian, Spanish, German etc. passports below the age of 18 cannot move to EU clubs like they did before. The passports can only help them to be considered as EU players when they eventually sign, not to transfer below the age of 18.

Think they have to be playing in the EU.

Signed a Brazilian with an Italian second nationality from Cruzeiro and had to wait until he was 18 for him to move.

That is exactly my point. But how do European clubs go around that rule then without moving the whole family? It should be noted that the same rule is in effect when two non-EU clubs are transferring a player (transfer from Mexico to Egypt or from Russia to Albania).

Are European (UEFA) non-EU players (Turkey, Russia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia etc.) players below the age of 18 in their respective countries any different in regards to their transfer rights then U-18 players in Brazil, Togo or Japan?

Archived