Question about my current save..

Hello folks,

i'm currently in charge of Stevenage and in my first season i was promoted as champions and after 6 or 7 games into the championship i sit in second place but obviously being a small club like these my stadium only holds a limited capacity (under 10,000 i think) and it's near impossible to keep my team out of the red, anyhow i saved it at a certain point and then had a nosy at the rich clubs in the world and noticed that recently relegated Coventry City had had a tycoon takeover, so i quickly took over as manager and had a peek at there finances they had £24mil in the bank with £11mil to spend on players and were also upgrading both training and youth facilities. So my question is if you were in my shoes would you retire as manager of Stevenage and add a new manager and take over Coventry or keep on as Stevenage and see how well i fair in the championship and just wait until they or another club come calling? ... i have also tried resigning as manager and i applied but it was the usual 'there flattered and would seriously consider me' but in the end gave it to some Chinese manager.

I'd say it depends on what you're trying to get out of your current save. It sounds like you're doing a career save, trying to earn your way onto the bigger stages. In that case, I'd probably slug it out until you get a legit offer for a new position or you may risk regretting it later when you think about having "skipped" a step or two.

However, we play this game for fun. If you think you'd have more fun changing clubs, go for it. Make a backup save before you retire your manager and take over Coventry, in case you change your mind and want to go back later on.

Archived