Transfers

Transfers:

my opinion is that Transfer demands are too unrealistic, clubs are asking for too much money, during recent transfer windows I have watched big names change teams for respectable prices and just as a test ive tried to sign the exact same player for the same price and the club seem to always want an extra 20mill!! now I'm not saying that they have to be exactly like how much they go for in the real world because that would be impossible to determine, but anybody who plays this game and creates this game has a knowledge of players and there respectable values.

I tried to sign Rodwell from Everton as Newcastle his value is 5.25mill, fair enough he is gonna go for more than that, but 42mill!!!!!!! thats just absurd!!! as Newcastle!! I don't think so and Everton would now they couldn't ask or get that from us!, if i was man city, fair enough they know we have the funds.

so I think this needs to be looked at, plus it might interesting to look at the board when dealing with potential targets, have meetings at the start of the season and tell them your targets and a

ask the board to help sort them out like most clubs do these days.

That £42m won't be definite. You could probably negotiate that to about £30m. Which was Everton would probably sell for in real life. I always do it. If a club wants one of my players that I don't want to sell and they're worth £5m. I will ask for about £20m if I could let them go and find someone else. High fee is the club's way of saying they don't want to sell.

yeah mate i totattly understand where you are coming from i newcastle on my save and sticking to the same plan as they are in real life keeping buy prices and wages down as i support newcastle on my first season i like to bring in a few addition to help toward getting into the top 6 topo 5 area and possible winning a cup. i needed a sub striker so i bid for maiga, he is worth 3.5 mil or something like that and the club wanted almost 20 million for the guy! its really not on and when i withdrew my offer 3 weeks later he goes to ath madrid for 8.5 mil!

That £42m won't be definite. You could probably negotiate that to about £30m. Which was Everton would probably sell for in real life. I always do it. If a club wants one of my players that I don't want to sell and they're worth £5m. I will ask for about £20m if I could let them go and find someone else. High fee is the club's way of saying they don't want to sell.

Everton would defo sell rodwell for about 20mill mate, they have no money and Everton's chairman has already stated that if moyes wants to buy players he needs to sell first, so in that respect wiith this just being a game and not real life some tweaks should be made to make things as realistic as possible.

Any time I tried to buy CR7 Real Madrid wanted in excess of €120m. I was playing Man City in the Champs League, who do they have, CR7.

Check his sale, €23m.

WTF?

i constantly find this an annoying issue in the game!

If anything, there is a long-term issue with every club on the planet, regardless of size, demanding £20+ millions for every player they deem important. I would expect Porto to demand £30m for their best player - that is realistic enough, but Braga? Southampton, mediocre PL side demanding £40m for their talented central defender? Team Nobody from Nowhere demanding £15m for a decent 16-year-old?

No wonder AI clubs don't buy players...

I don't think this is a problem, it fluctuates you see? one month they'll think the player the most important and ask the world, a few months later, they'll accept smaller bids. just like Papiss Cissé was too expensive RL, but five-six months later he was available at an acceptable price for Newcastle.

Sure, it can be frustrating, and perhap it needs honing, I mean I've seen players go for £5.75 million who I would have sold for more like £40 million. Yet I do not think it is at all a problem players being touted for a lot of money.

Any time I tried to buy CR7 Real Madrid wanted in excess of €120m. I was playing Man City in the Champs League, who do they have, CR7.

Check his sale, €23m.

WTF?

If you bid the exact amount that Man City make then it generally should be accepted. You can find all the clauses in the players clubs transfer centre. This means that you need all players you would sign on your short list though, so you are aware when other teams bid.

this is undoubtedly the most annoying part of the game in 2012..... I agre with the OP and funny enough I use Newcastle as well and I had the same..... players will go from AI club to AI club for reasonable prices but any time I put a bid in the price goes up 20- 30m more more......... same examples as you've mentioned as well.. I've offered 22m for a 5m rated forward and got refused only for him to be sold for 8.5 a few weeks later to an AI club..... just dont get it...

I can understand certain players and certain levels..... but it is far fetched for a lot of NORMAL players........

I think once I offered 45m for maneul neuer of bayern....... yeah he's probably the best gk in the game and he wouldnt come to newcastle however bayern wanted something like 80m for him... just crazy

actually there is one thing worse than buying players.... it's selling them.............I've had 10m rated players and offered them to every club for 3m and I get no offers whatsoever.... I mean come on.... even loans.. I've offered really good youth players out on loan and I pay all the wages and noby is interested..... its just daft at times

I've had Robert Snodgrass in the reserves for Leeds for 5 seasons, he's been out on loan each season. Nobody will buy him. He goes on loan for half his transfer price and 100% wages. So far I've sold him 2.5 times. Can't believe nobody will buy him, even when I offer him for next to nothing.

actually there is one thing worse than buying players.... it's selling them.............I've had 10m rated players and offered them to every club for 3m and I get no offers whatsoever.... I mean come on.... even loans.. I've offered really good youth players out on loan and I pay all the wages and noby is interested..... its just daft at times

The clubs are probably interested - it's the players that don't want to move.

yeah mate i totattly understand where you are coming from i newcastle on my save and sticking to the same plan as they are in real life keeping buy prices and wages down as i support newcastle on my first season i like to bring in a few addition to help toward getting into the top 6 topo 5 area and possible winning a cup. i needed a sub striker so i bid for maiga, he is worth 3.5 mil or something like that and the club wanted almost 20 million for the guy! its really not on and when i withdrew my offer 3 weeks later he goes to ath madrid for 8.5 mil!
I tried to buy Jose Angel but his club Porto at the time wanted £50m, I negoataited but they wouldn't go lower than £38m.. a month later he joins at. Madrid for £13m...He wasn't even unsettled.

Poor management from you both I'm afraid.

Surely you would have kept these players on your shortlist and then you'd see At. Madrid get their bid accepted and you just offer the same?

The clubs are probably interested - it's the players that don't want to move.

True, cant argue there but still it seems like the game has gone from one extreme where it was so easy to sell players and for decent prices a few years ago to now where it is far harder

Surely you would have kept these players on your shortlist and then you'd see At. Madrid get their bid accepted and you just offer the same?

I've had players on my shortlist that have signed for other clubs without being informed that a bid had even been made.

It's not really poor management, though, is it? The AI is willing to spend weeks of sweat and shouting to negotiate a £38m figure, then their selling price drops by £25m in a month? He'd have to shoot someone in order to get a price drop that high.

Even if the user "intercepted" the £13m deal, it just begs the question why the AI bothered to negotiate £38m in the first place. If anything, the fact that another club has come into the picture should increase his selling value, as there's competition!

Archived