Improving Co-efficients

I know you can improve your clubs co-efficient but depending on how well your league is doing in Europe, can the countries coefficient go up and as a result be given more CL and Europa leagues spots?

Also in real life in some leagues (the SPL) there is also changes. For example Scotland lost direct entry to the Champions League group stages in recent years. Can they rgain stuff like this etc.

Yes, a country gains points based on how well the teams representing them in European club competitions do.

The rankings are based on the points gained over a five year period with the countries towards the top receiving the most places.

Countries can gain and lose points & therefore places in FM, just like RL.

Just to add to Cougar's comment...

If your winning the Champions League year after year, but the other teams just aren't performing, then that big increase will eventually level out, with the only way to gain a signifant increase being through the other clubs. Your own Co-efficient will increase and decrease depending on how well you do :)

Thanks. :)

Also I noticed that the squad registration for the 1st Qualifying round of the Europa league is in June, yet I started a game as Motherwell and it starts in July, yet they are playing in the 1st qualifying round. Can I play whoever I want? Or how does it work?

Also, if you buy a player in January and are registering your squad for next stage of a tournamenet in, say, February, you can't play any player who has played in Europe that season, both qualifying or group stages, or is it just the competition you are playing in. For example if I'm registering my squad for CL, but I bought a player who played in Europa League then it is fine?

You can register 1 player who has made a European appearance for another team but only if that team is/was in the other competition.

The rules are a little more complicated for players who have appeared in the qualifying rounds & get even more so if you sign a player who played in the Europa League qualifying rounds before joining your Champions League team who have since dropped down to the Europa League.

Edit: General rule of thumb is if they have already played in the same competition you're enter in they cannot be registered by you although as I mention below there is a bug in this system.

You can register 1 player who has made a European appearance for another team but only if that team is in the other competition.

The rules are a little more complicated for players who have appeared in the qualifying rounds & get even more so if you sign a player who played in the Europa League qualifying rounds before joining your Champions League team who have since dropped down to the Europa League.

But the squad registration screen will always tell me who is available?

Also I noticed that the squad registration for the 1st Qualifying round of the Europa league is in June, yet I started a game as Motherwell and it starts in July, yet they are playing in the 1st qualifying round. Can I play whoever I want? Or how does it work?

The registration screen will prevent you from selecting players who are not eligible for your squad, there is a small bug that allows you to select unregistered players in your match squad if they were signed in January & their previous club is subsequently eliminated from the competition.

As for your Q1 match I'm not sure, I suspect that FM will give you free reign in your team selection until the next stage of player registration.

Archived