Never knew a player could sack their agent for messing up contract talks

Wish that would happen on mine. Got this amazing youth player but his agent keeps asking for ridiculous money, with a low min fee release and match highest earner clause. He's really good, but not good enough that I'd agree to all that with such a low min fee release. The agent fees and loyalty bonus are the same as the min fee release, that's how poor it is. Tried 4 times now to try and get him to sign a new contract and each time the agent throws a fit as I won't pay out stupid money and up his wage from £1.2k to £17k (he'd then be my highest earner by far and I have 2 amazing players with match highest earner clauses (including my captain who's been at the club his whole 14 year career) and they're only on £7k. So yeah... really hoping that he sacks his agent so that I can get him to sign a new contact before I lose him on a free.

I haven't seen that message before. When an agent messes up a big move for an ambitious player, which happens often, I think they should be more willing to sack their agents than they are now. Once, my relationship with an agent broke down for some reason, and so a 20x increase in wages and several million pounds worth of loyalty bonuses to both player and agent went down the drain. The player still kept his idiot agent, though. Ridiculous!

Archived