Playing Very Well, Job at Risk

hi guys, I have just started a new career on FM2008 (Yes, I know!) and one of the teams I am doing is Walsall, we are linked with Man Utd and so have loaned 4 players from them and we have also bought a defender called McGrael plus Jody Morris and Matt Jansen on free transfers!!

My job is to enjoy participating in League One this season and the same for a two year plan which sounds like they may expect to be relegated so they don't mind where we finish (at least I hope!)

Anyway, we lost our first game 5-0, then lost 4-2 in the League Cup against Coventry (Which I thought was fair enough), since then we have played very well, we won away from home 3-2 with a late winner and the fans were very happy with the result, we then won 5-3 away to Tranmere in a spectacular match (which was 2-4 after 35 minutes!) which again the fans were very happy with, we then played Bournemouth and won 1-0 despite two of our best players away on international duty and again the fans were very happy with the result!

But, my job status is currently at risk :confused: on the ''signings'' page, it says the fans are very disappointed with Fraizer Campbell even though he has played 4 scored 3 (he even scored the winner in the 3-2 game) and are also very disappointed with a player who has only played once and got injured just two minutes into the match!

why is my job at risk and why are the fans disappointed with players who have played well??

It will take more than 4 games for the fans to change their mind over a player they dislike.

There could be other reasons for your job to be at risk, how's your finances / wage control? Squad harmony?

This is similar to the "morale" issue where there are unexplained , & often drastic, drops in ratings.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, & I certainly wouldn't look for any answers in the game.

Just carry on with the job you're doing & you will be fine.

There could be other reasons for your job to be at risk, how's your finances / wage control? Squad harmony?

Everything is at the same level as it started as apart from League Cup and Signings, they wanted me to get to the 2nd round of League cup but we lost away to Coventry in first round (I didn't expect to win that game), as for signings, Jody Morris got injured 2 mins into debut and hasn't been able to play since and the fans are delighted with him but are very disappointed with Fraizer Campbell even though he has played 4 scored 3!

Archived