Quite confused now... no one will hire me

So far I have had a very successful career in FM12, probably my best one ever in any FM. I have won countless awards and am way past Alex Ferguson on manager points. I was at Inter Milan for 3 years. 7 Years at Bayern Munich. 15 years at Liverpool. 4 Years at Italy. I have won numerous domestic leagues and cups, many many champions leagues and a european and world cup as well!

I have been unemployed for the last 2 years and no teams will hire me. I have applied to top flight teams, relegation candidates and middle tablers. Every time i get the same message. The team is flattered by my interest and then they hire someone else. I have applied to over 30 positions with the same results. I would like to build up one more Champions League team before I move to a very bottom team in 2050 where I will end my career in time for FM13.

Why cant I get a job?

How old is your manager in the game? No scientific evidence behind this but I've got a holiday game where my manager has managed 17 different clubs (all relatively low reputation) and now he can't get a job anywhere.

At a guess this is because he is so old nobody will hire him. Potentially you won't be hired if your manager is aged over 65 or 70?

Maybe your reputation is out of their league or what they believe your wage demands be are above what they can afford.

That would explain why no one really offers me a job but surely not if I am applying?

Have you tried going on holiday and selecting the options there to do with being hired as a manager?

It's quite ridiculous that teams won't hire you though.

Yeah, I get nothing. Its not just lack of offers, its being rejected when I apply anywhere as well. Man City, Arsenal, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyons, PSG and Porto among many others have all sacked their managers and refused to hire me.

How old is your manager in the game? No scientific evidence behind this but I've got a holiday game where my manager has managed 17 different clubs (all relatively low reputation) and now he can't get a job anywhere.

At a guess this is because he is so old nobody will hire him. Potentially you won't be hired if your manager is aged over 65 or 70?

After 4 years on holiday I noticed in the news headline thing that Mourinho was retiring and the Man United job would be available. Returned from holiday and applied for it, huge united fan and always wanted to get the United job but never been successful. This time was no different, they hired Villa Boas instead of me. He lasted a year before getting sacked and I again for the job. This time I only said I was interested in it and didnt apply. They offered me the job.

Finally after so many years unemployed I have a job again! Oh and its quite a good job too, Uniteds Finances are in tatters, the squad is pretty much all over 30. Youngest is 28, so a complete overhaul and working towards bringing them back to their former glory. My favourite part of FM.

Finally after so many years unemployed I have a job again! Oh and its quite a good job too, Uniteds Finances are in tatters, the squad is pretty much all over 30. Youngest is 28, so a complete overhaul and working towards bringing them back to their former glory. My favourite part of FM.

Same here - love getting a team that needs a lot of work. :D

Glad you finally got hired again! That must have been frustrating. If you have a prior save I do recommend you upload it to the Bugs forum and the FTP.

Same here - love getting a team that needs a lot of work. :D

Glad you finally got hired again! That must have been frustrating. If you have a prior save I do recommend you upload it to the Bugs forum and the FTP.

Yeah girlfriend was getting frustrated about me complaining about my virtual unemployment. Mainly because she is reality unemployed. Will upload it when I get home from reality work.

The game often leaves very capable managers unemployed for years. I have complained a few times about it but don't think anything is being addressed.

There really should be a trigger in the game to ensure that some sort of job is offered within a reasonable time frame (say every 3/6 months), otherwise we are all wasting our time sitting there interminably pressing the continue button.

Is it possible to get a job in say around BSS/BSN level after winning Premierleague and Champions league multiple times? Or would your reputation lead to them rejecting your offer? It's something I've always wanted to do also and it'd be disappointing if you can't do that :(

Think you'd find it very, very difficult.

Hanging around for job offers is a pain in the neck in this game. Like I say, the game should have a trigger to not leave the player "out" for so long.

Archived