Best last day of the season I have ever experienced

1gametogo.jpg

With one game to go any one of the top four could get promoted and any one of four could drop into the last relegation place.

18905716.jpg

47392891.jpg

We managed to draw and two of the other teams could not take advantage of our result with Cardiff losing at home and QPR drawing. Over the course of the last day we occupied every position and with 20 minutes left were destined to finish 3rd and end up in the play-off's. I have never seen 4 teams finish on equal points, Wigan were very impressive winning 9-0 to make sure they got the win they needed.

To make matters worse it was Fulham who won the play-off's only getting the last place on the last day of the season.

Just thought I would share this pretty good ending to my season. Anyone have anything similar?

It was but it was well worth the stress for such a cool finish to the season. I am a Sunderland fan in real life so would have been gutted if Frazier Campbell was the player that scored the goals to keep me in the Championship play-off's.

i love last day, although it rarely goes down to the wire.

had one with blackpool where i ended up fighting for the title (got a great start to my second season) I had a home game, Man Utd had an away trip to Anfield

I was 2 points behind, i won my match... liverpool won 1-0 :D

i love last day, although it rarely goes down to the wire.

had one with blackpool where i ended up fighting for the title (got a great start to my second season) I had a home game, Man Utd had an away trip to Anfield

I was 2 points behind, i won my match... liverpool won 1-0 :D

sounds cool. I likeg.gif

I've had a similar end of season, but I was on the losing end unfortunately. I was Udinese and going into the final day of the season, I was a point ahead of Inter, and 3 points ahead of Fiorentina. On the last day, I was away against Fiorentina, and Inter also had a very easy fixture, and I forget who it was against (at home to Bari or something like that). I lost to Fiorentina 3-2, conceding a last minute goal to Thiago Neves (the *******). Inter drew their game 0-0 too remarkably, so all three of us were level on points. So Fiorentina won it on head to head record, with me in second and Inter in third. The really annoying thing was I was behind to Fiorentina almost all game, but Asamoah scored a long range thunderbolt in the roughly the 75th minute, and but I kept attacking, as I couldn't be sure Inter wouldn't win their own game so I wanted to win to make sure I'd win the league. Unfortunately I was punished for it.

Quality end to the season AB.

I reckon my most exciting was a relegation battle in Spain's 3rd division back on FM10. I was Mellila and needed a win and results to go my way to stay in the playable leagues and avoid being sacked.

Every team I needed to lose was losing comfortably, which was great, but I could not score. BUT THEN..! 90th minute penalty, scored.

And I stayed up. Most nervous i've ever been watching FM.

That's an incredible end to the season, makes this season's premiership final day look... actually still pretty good!

I haven't had a final day that exciting, but last season I was in a three way battle for a Europa League place and I went and lost to Wigan. I was not impressed with my lads.

Not been involved myself but on my save a few seasons ago the top 5 in the Championship were separated by just 2 points with 1 game left. I decided to attend a match and watch the drama unfold across the division. Every team entered the top 2 at some stage on the final day but only 2 teams won which got them promoted. Just like the OP though the team who scraped the play offs in 6th (only entering on the last day) went on to win it despite finishing 12 points behind everyone else.

Archived